a bit confused

terminator2k2

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there, last year i started doing a bit of weights as ive never had any upper body strength...i have plaenty of leg muscles through playing football nearly all my life..im now 32...so i dont want to touch my legs 1 bit as they are big enough for me...i weigh in at about 13 stone and are rougly 5 ft 10....

i then when into melt down because of my job and always felt too tired after work to do anything......this started around august last year and i keep telling my self to get it going again....so im trying again.......

i have quite lean shoulders and legs but suffer around my gut....im dont want to go into this with science though.....just taking each day and see how im feeling as i go.....

things i do are:

20 minutes on a air walker every day as i suffer with my knees.....dont want to run as the impact on my knees....

every other day

3 x 5 reps bicep curl with each arm

3 x 10 reps bench press 35kgs

4 x 10 reps (think its called butterfly) cant remeber the weight but i think its around 70 kgs

i know diet is a major thing so ive cut out all fizzy drinks and chocolate to start.......

when looking at packets what should i be looking out for.?

ive started eating snack o jacks things instead of chocolate as they appear to have hardly anything in them.....

i eat roughly:

bowl of poridge for breakfast

can of tuna for dinner

and what ever the mrs does for tea lol.....

i eat pea nuts around 50g during the evening when i feel peckish......

started drinking lots of water......

its like i looked at a pack of mini eggs and according to what i read you could eat a pack a day as long as you eat healthy stuff through out the day...lol..

You may not be eating enough, you will put yourself into starvation mode that way.

You need to list everything you eat, yes, everything on the label. Then you can see how many calories you are taking in and what your macronutrient percentages are.

Do you go to a gym or are your weights at home?

i do my weights at home......

i will have to work out what i eat and write it all down.....

i know a man has to eat around 2000 calories per day.....

could this be why im always hungry.?

i used to binge on chocolate and stuff as i always felt hungry.....

Maybe!

Your protein intake might be on the low side, you will also be used to big insulin spikes eating sweet stuff like chocolate.

Just eat basic stuff, complex carbs (oats, wholemeal bread, brown long-grain rice, wholemeal pasta), lean meats, vegetables (especially greens like broccoli), good fats like Olive Oil and most nuts and seeds. The less processed the better.

Maybe!

Your protein intake might be on the low side, you will also be used to big insulin spikes eating sweet stuff like chocolate.

Just eat basic stuff, complex carbs (oats, wholemeal bread, brown long-grain rice, wholemeal pasta), lean meats, vegetables (especially greens like broccoli), good fats like Olive Oil and most nuts and seeds. The less processed the better.

Amen Spec!

So coincidental that I log in here and u guys are talking about this coz I was just reading this article this morning about the link between storing fat around the belly & hip areas and your glucose & insulin levels...

Love Handles: Causes and Cures

It's a really good article - check it out if you've ever wondered why the love handles never disappear despite how many hours you spend doing crunches.

as above it looks like you arent eating enough and arent eating the right type of foods - if changing diet doesnt sort out your fatigue issues sharpish then I'd suggest seeing a doctor and getting some blood tests done - as at 32 fatigue really shouldnt be an issue without somethign to explain it - eg new baby, long hours at work, heavy stress levels etc.

Back