800 HD SE A8P 2nd failed

jackieboy8

Inactive User
Reaction score
My dreambox 800 HD SE with a8p sim crashed today because of a defective CEC adapter in my TV. It show 2nd failed on the display. I think it's a Sunray clone because it's the only dreamup that makes it show: Found CA. all other like Original Dreamup show: error NO CA FOUND. Estar dreamup also no ca found. But the sunray version shows sim 2.10 and than its not booting. I read that you'll need a sim 2.10 to recover. I dont have any. Tomorrow I will have an estar sim. Would that be good to? I need to flash my Dreambox in a usable state again. It works sooo nice with the a8p but the problem: no tools to flash for the a8p sim yet.THX

not tried mine yet

but as far as i am aware flash as normal

but those that have it will help you

My dreambox 800 HD SE with a8p sim crashed today because of a defective CEC adapter in my TV. It show 2nd failed on the display. I think it's a Sunray clone because it's the only dreamup that makes it show: Found CA. all other like Original Dreamup show: error NO CA FOUND. Estar dreamup also no ca found. But the sunray version shows sim 2.10 and than its not booting. I read that you'll need a sim 2.10 to recover. I dont have any. Tomorrow I will have an estar sim. Would that be good to? I need to flash my Dreambox in a usable state again. It works sooo nice with the a8p but the problem: no tools to flash for the a8p sim yet.THX

Hi mate.I also have sim A8P and had a problem with no CA 2 or 3 times while i was flashing different images to experiment with dm800se clone.I found when i used the mini flashup button on the back i got the CA error every time.
so i sacked that and did it the usual way by holding down front button while powering on and this put box into flash mode when stop displayed and a few seconds after up came the ip address no problem and was able to browser flash as normal.
so you do not need to change sims(at least i did not)also you can use origanal dreamup from DMM as i have used this as well

just out of interest are you using Pulse-Eight CEC??

Last edited:
i hear the boxes with front processor 3 are having most issues

not sure what mine is will need to teat when i get some free time

interesting

Yeah Anynet pulse eight from Samsung.
it makes all my devices defective.
When I hold the front power button while booting it still shows 2nd failed. And I don't have a mini flashup button.
weard

Yeah Anynet pulse eight from Samsung.
it makes all my devices defective.
When I hold the front power button while booting it still shows 2nd failed. And I don't have a mini flashup button.
weard

Okay mate.download the dreamup and VCP drivers from dream multimedia site.I take you have the mini usb on the back for flashing.
you will need to install vcp driver on your computer to communicate with box(this driver may install itself but download just in case).and a mini usb to usb cable..I have one from a mobile phone.
Downloads | dream-multimedia-tv.de
then use dream up to flash as normal.make sure box is turned off when you connect it to computer.

Yeah I have installed the drivers, but still no go. Dreambox connects with dreamup and flashes something but waits at Waiting for acknowledgement, and when I hard reboot it, it still gives 2nd failed. And when I flash it it only shows NO CA FOUND, and with sunray Dreamup: CA FOUND SIM 2.10 (I have a8p) so it aint working

Yeah I have installed the drivers, but still no go. Dreambox connects with dreamup and flashes something but waits at Waiting for acknowledgement, and when I hard reboot it, it still gives 2nd failed. And when I flash it it only shows NO CA FOUND, and with sunray Dreamup: CA FOUND SIM 2.10 (I have a8p) so it aint working

you need to treat boxes with A8P sim as original boxes so you do everything as if the box was original.forget sunray stuff.
Do everything as if your box was a genuine one.

you need to treat boxes with A8P sim as original boxes so you do everything as if the box was original.forget sunray stuff.
Do everything as if your box was a genuine one.
use dreamup to get box into flash mode then use browser to flash.you must first flash the bootloader then image.

with your box off connect to computer,ensure your box has connection to net via router/wifi bridge,start dreamup and select network mode make sure correct ip address is selected(I have had to start dreamup do a flash then change to correct ip as not seen at first)and correct com port.
turn on box and wait for it to go into HTTP mode and then you will be able to flash with browser or carry on with dreamup.

Last edited:
Nope that doesnt work. When I use the Original Dreamup to flash it from the death It just says NO CA FOUND and sits there.. Today a friend of my's Dreambox 800 HD SE with estar Sim arrived and I used that one in my box. Flashed with estar dreamup to get acces to network mode; flashed Original OpenPli 3.0 on it. At the end it sayd: Wrong image or old image, this is normal for E-Star sim with Original firmware (thats wrong) so I swapped my A8P sim back and its all working again. And now the Dreamup from the Original website is working. But from the death you need a clone sim card.

Nope that doesnt work. When I use the Original Dreamup to flash it from the death It just says NO CA FOUND and sits there.. Today a friend of my's Dreambox 800 HD SE with estar Sim arrived and I used that one in my box. Flashed with estar dreamup to get acces to network mode; flashed Original OpenPli 3.0 on it. At the end it sayd: Wrong image or old image, this is normal for E-Star sim with Original firmware (thats wrong) so I swapped my A8P sim back and its all working again. And now the Dreamup from the Original website is working. But from the death you need a clone sim card.

Great stuff glad you are sorted..I think it is strange,i had NO CA FOUND a few times and did not need to swap sims.our boxes must differ as i do have the mini fllashup button on the back and the intergrated wifi box.

Yeah I also have the integrated wifi.
Weard that I didn't have the mini flashup button but it isn't needed.
just a estar sim.

Great stuff glad you are sorted..I think it is strange,i had NO CA FOUND a few times and did not need to swap sims.our boxes must differ as i do have the mini fllashup button on the back and the intergrated wifi box.

Back