7020 boot problems

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know if anyone can help, ive posted this on the PLi site, but its the same with every image, even original ones

i installed the latest 7020 image, installed a channel list, installed a cam, then when downloading the cam config the box just hung, wouldnt respond to anything at all, so i killed the power to it and now when it comes on nothing is displayed on the TV and on the LCD all i see is

Dream Multimedia
dhcp...
BOOT #59 (20071230)

i reflashed using dreamup but exactly the same. i thought the problem may have been due to the hard drive, but even with that disconnected its like it

i have other dreamboxes running fine and know my DHCP server is working fine

any ideas peeps? most things ive managed to sort out by searching and reading, but this has me stuck

after initially setting up, itll connect to the net once, then hang, and the only thing thatll recover it is a complete reflash via dreamup (40 mins at a time) then i have to setup the network bit manually, itll connect once and die :(

Hey up M8

Don,t know if this helps, buuut i was having the same sort of problem
with my 7020, untill i sussed it out. I found that i was duplicating
software, softcams etc, so i had a good old clean out and it was
sorted. Try it, it might work. If not, then i ain,t got a clue.

Good luck with it anyway.

Fezzy

this is a freshly flashed receiver m8 :( nothing except the image installed on it to be duplicated

Hi

Ain,t got a clue then.

You need to give somebody like Devilfish a shout maybe he can help.

Fezzy

this is a freshly flashed receiver m8 :( nothing except the image installed on it to be duplicated

can u log via null cable and hyperterm reflash it then start to log keep doing what ever u do that cause this (use blue button try and download etc) then post log up here may help to diagnose problem :)

cheers

osborne82

can u log via null cable and hyperterm reflash it then start to log keep doing what ever u do that cause this (use blue button try and download etc) then post log up here may help to diagnose problem :)

cheers

osborne82

will try this tomoz m8, as when i try it it seems to put a strain on my network and the kids complain that their cartoons go off lol

Is there a reason why its taking you 40 mins over dreamup, I was under the impression the dm7020 had a protected bootloader so you can do this-

turn off via switch at back
hold the down button while you switch it back on
when its says ***stop***
it will show a ip address (allocated via dhcp)
use a browser to open that ip address http://192.168.1.1
and flash from there

doing it this will save you time, not flashed my box this for a ouple of months so cant remember the time it takes but alot quicker than serial.

Hope this helps and sorry if you already know this.

Si

tried that way m8 and it just hangs saying

***STOP***
DHCP...

and does nothing

pressing the up button changes the boot sequence (or where it looks for boot information) so imanaged to get it to boot 50% of the time, but the network is VERY sporadic and the traffic it creates on my network just by being connected is unreal

i have read in the past about replacing a chip that deals with the ethernet connection, so i suppose its possible that this may be blown?

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon, looks like a slightly more complicated than first thought.

I seen a post on sat-industry about repairing the ethernet port? maybe some help?

also have you tried using hyperterinal to see the debug log as it goes through the boot process may give you a glue?

Si

this is everything from hyperterminal, when im trying (and failing) to connect to it by FTP nothing is showing in the log though

Dreambox DM7020

FIRST STAGE 1.3 {2345}

- total memory size: 96 MB (64 MB in first bank)
detected jffs2 blocksize: 16kb
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
dreamupd initialized
Scanning JFFS2 FS: . done.
find_inode failed for name=stop
load: Failed to find inode
/flash/bootlogo.elf
/flash/zImage.elf
1252292.474 - jumping to 00400000

loaded at: 00400000 0057A244
board data at: 00578124 00578244
relocated to: 00405194 004052B4
zimage at: 00405A2D 00577798
avail ram: 0057B000 04000000

Linux/PPC load: console=null root=/dev/mtdblock3 rootfstype=jffs2 rw
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kernel

I have this info saved on my computer it's about dreamboxes not booting after flashing. ( i thought i would keep it for a day i would never need)

First try to upload new firmware, should this fail try uploading an older version. If this fails to, follow the instruction listed below:

Start on your PC HyperTerminal and use the following instructions:

Bits per second : 115200
Databits : 8
Parity : None
Stopbits : 1
Datatransportbesturing : Xon/Xoff

Turn on you DreamBox.

You should get the following text on your screen:

Dreambox DM7000
loaded at: 00500000 006061F8
relocated to: 00400000 005061F8
board data at: 00503128 00503168
relocated to: 0040555C 0040559C
zimage at: 00405A98 00502280
avail ram: 00507000 02000000

Linux/PPC load: console=none root=/dev/mtdblock/0

As soon as you see the last red line, you should press BACKSPACE and erase the complete line and you should type:

console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock/0

You should see a lot of activity on your screen, wait a few moments untill it stops and enter:

eraseall /dev/mtd/1

If everything was ok, the DreamBox is erased, after this reflash the DreamBox using DreamUP!!!

Sometimes pulling the plug out and wait for 1 minute will also work!!

If you see an uc0 error after Flashing, try the following:
- unplug the Dreambox and wait a few hours, then try again
- if this doesn't work. remove your harddisk and then try again
- finally Flash your Dreambox with an original Dream Image and send the box to your dealer!

That the bootloader is corrupt is mostly the reason due to a not recommended harddisk.

But most of the times the main reasons are:

- flashing a wrong image
- flashing not correctly
- not using a flash erase
- etc, etc

Si

Back