60gb ps3 not reading any disks

hollow

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a ps3 that has suddenly stopped reading any media
well out of warranty so stripped it down and taken the top off the drive

the disk doesnt even spin up

the laser is working (as in a visible light )
but the drive does not spin

is it worth spending 50 quid on a new laser/ motor assembly

or is there any repairers on here who i can send the drive to
who can definately diagnose / repair it

I have quiet a few spare bluray drives from ylod ps3's i have bought. Most have faulty lasers. Im sure i could get one of them working for you. PM me if you would like me to have a look at it for you. Or if you would like to just sell it on for a bit of cash I might be interseted in taking it off you?

cheers

Steve....

found some one local to repair it today

cost me 50 quid to swap the drive over for one with a new laser

best thing was the drive was tested in the console first so if it hadnt been the laser then it would have cost me nothing to find out .

Anyone else noticed the price hike on these on fleabay. Used to be able to get them ~ 30 quid. Now it is more like £45!

Do you have any 410ACA drives out of YLOD machines? I am gonna put these in my machines from now on, the lasers are so much cheaper. I have managed to pair one up in a 40GB so no reason why the 60GB won't do it ;-) £23 for an KES-410aaa or £45 for a 400aaa lol

JohnO

yes you carnt seem to get a ylod ps3 from the bay cheap theese days.
will have to have a look at what drives i have, but think the lasers are shot. You know the score, description says ylod ps3 with bluray drive then a little note at the bottom of the auction saying was playing games fine b4 the ylod, my ar#e they already swopped the laser out of there......

steve

I meant the price of the lasers lol. I only need a 410AAA dual lens drive. laser is not a problem as these are still cheap :)

Back