$50bn wiped off Netflix’s value as subscribers quit

Shares in Netflix have slumped by 35% after it revealed a sharp drop in subscribers and warned millions more are set to quit the streaming service.

Read here
I keep meaning to cancel mine. Rarely watch it.
Am going to do it now, thanks for the reminder @Oggiman

There will be more quitting if they implement the no sharing rule.

Without sharing its just not worth the money even with sharing it is borderline.
It rules out being able to use a vpn, NOW TV have implemented no vpn.
Seems crazy move that's going to cost them.

Last edited:
totally agree the No sharing will close a lot of account, to get 4k you need the top account that I think a year back or may be two was 9.99 now that is 15.99 and is it not going up again in US so will follow here.

content over the last few years is poor, I saw that “The Missing” was in the top 10 UK views this week, a program I believe was on ITV some 5 years ago, that’s is not what we pay 15.99 a month for.

for me Breaking Bad, Narcos, Better Call Saul, Stranger Things etc I will pay to see but the new crop is tied, woke or old and certainly I am Looking to scale back If they stop password sharing.

Be interesting to see how they expect to combat password sharing. So for example, my home broadband gets rebooted at least once a week so IP address will change, also occasionally watch netflix on mobile if travelling to and from work so again netflix can see i'm connecting from several different locations quite often. Then to top it off I subscribe from Turkey 🤣

Be interesting to see how they expect to combat password sharing. So for example, my home broadband gets rebooted at least once a week so IP address will change, also occasionally watch netflix on mobile if travelling to and from work so again netflix can see i'm connecting from several different locations quite often. Then to top it off I subscribe from Turkey 🤣
Don't think it will be too difficult tbh. Perhaps having to register devices to use Netflix with only a couple of devices allowed on a different network. Should imagine it's quite easy for them to distinguish whether you are on mobile or not.
Perhaps if it weren't for the prolific sharing of passwords, the last price hike wouldn't have been so severe.

They could limit to single IP, so x concurrent connections from same IP

Those who use vpn will be fecked unless they split it offand they may not want to.
I think I read they would charge extra for those "sharing" or potentially sharing. So that could mean normal charge if all concurrent users are same IP and the extra charge would need to be paid for allowing concurrent users with different IPs.

Yes, that could mean using mobile data in same house would be seen as sharing.

Either way, I suspect they will lose more customers depending on how they tackle the "sharing" (ie how restrictive it is)

Potentially, yes.

They will lose customers depending on how restrictive this is

As Ferret mentioned earlier, with sharing it's barely worth the money, without it not worth it at all.

I am receiving loads of emails asking if I would like to re-subscribe for £6-99. They're even counting the days. Last email said it's been 27 days since I cancelled and in that time "blah blah" has been added.
If they made a truly reasonable offer to re-subscribe I probably would.

Back