Netflix scraps cheap ad-free plans in bid to drive users towards expensive deal

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Netflix added nearly 6m more subscribers over the spring as a clampdown on password sharing forced customers to fork out for their own accounts.

The company gained 5.9m paying customers in the second quarter of the year – taking the total to 238.4m. It was well above the 1.8m additions anticipated on Wall Street.

The bumper subscriber figure came after Netflix started a crackdown on millions of subscribers that share their logins with friends and family. It is thought that a quarter of Netflix’s 15m subscribers in Britain share their password.

Read HERE

Not watched Netfix since the Dreaded Household message, not missed it.

Surprised they gained so many subscribers, obviously the right choice for them.
Not opened netflix to see the message yet as its shared account it will def be there, just wont bother with it anymore my vod has plenty more than they have anyway.

I wonder how they identify it? I share my account with my brother and we both use it all the time and not seen any warning yet.

I wonder how they identify it? I share my account with my brother and we both use it all the time and not seen any warning yet.
same here. I have about 7 or 8 family members on mine. Not sure is there ever concurrent access as i have access to a plex server that has 100+ times whats on netflix but it would not surprise me if there was regularly concurrent streams on it.

Id say as long as the IPs accessing are in same country you are good

Try using a VPN for a Pakistan IP Addy signup to Netflix get it dirt cheap 1100 Rupee a month

t.o.p t.u.t

has a video on it

Try using a VPN for a Pakistan IP Addy signup to Netflix get it dirt cheap 1100 Rupee a month
Do they not ask for a phone number for Pakistan like they do for Turkey? Also who is t.o.p t.u.t please?

Back