500s bit of help

wattsy1612

Member ++
Reaction score
hey guys just a quick few questions about the 500s. i got my 500s this morning nice box this is the first time i have played with sat or dreamboxes. i am pretty good with Vm and modems but this is very differnet ball game. anyway i have looked around and around for 500s tuts are these setup the same as a 500c ? if anyway could tell me what image exactly i need for the 500s and what sats are best to use just the basics really i get the way dreamup works with the null modem cable and flashing the image is no problem i just want to make sure i have the right image and set the box up proerly any help from you pro`s would be very much appreciated thanks alot guys wattsy1612

p.s if anyone could tell me what the best setup up for the best viewing pleasures id really appreciate that too thanks

i only got mine two days ago ive managed to get premire oon 19.2e so far
i used the latest gemini image in downloads and use CCcam then added the keys
what satallite you got your dish pointed to

anyone know if premire is the only package open on 19.2e or is there more i can get

Last edited:
images all depend on what you like m8. personally i have never been a lover of gemeni although many have,i prefer nabilosat or at the minute i have pb (powerboard) image on,there is loads to choose from just have a try of sticking it on. but nabilosat and pb both have better download servers than gemeni (both have newer camds working faster to download via remote when networked).

as stated by havelln what satellite is your dish pointing at or is it motorised?

Nabilosat

Yes i would agree with that Nabilosat
i find is better, if you are motorised lots of channels available,,13deg ,1.0 deg 30w and 19 what you are on .ccamd 2.04
Regards Borisl

ok guys appreicate the help now i have another problem have flashed gemini latest to box all is good but i dont have a router and am using a crossover i need to know how to ftp the cams and keys to the box can any 1 help me with this basically i can ftp into the box i have no idea where to get the cams or the keys and am a little clueless thanks wattsy

you can download the cams from h**p://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/main.htm it also tells you where to put the files

or the easiest way..............attached is mgcamd 1.27b,with premiere,tps and polsat a/u

unrar is so your left with a .tar file
ftp it to /tmp and use blue button to manual install it.

as for keys pm me your email and i'll email them to you m8 as not sure if a full set of working keys is allowed on the forum.

EDIT.....4got to attach file........der.....lol

Last edited:
cheers for ur help krazy it is very much appreciated m8 . have all info and keys are showing on box think i is just of case of downloading the cams to my box via direct connection as i have ftp`d the cam .tar file over to tmp file but it isnt showing up on the box i dont have a direct connection but i know someone who has so i will be going to download the cams there tomoz which i wil be doin first thing thanks alot for your help and that goes for u all cheers ladz i know were ya are if i need ya cheers wattsy

Back