500s and motor

andynov

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi was just wondering if there is a solution to my motor problem,i have tried to link up my 500s to a dish and motor that i was using for my technomate,but can not get motor to turn with dreambox i know there is a power problem with 500s and motors(mine being a tm 2200 super)but was wondering if there is some sort of equipment that can go between box and dish to get around this problem.was told to get a higher power supply for box, but was not sure on that idea, do not want to blow up me box. any help would be great thank you

do you have another 12V power supply you can use m8? off a telly or laptop, you need more current, so theres not really much you can put inline, some images have an option in the satellite setup menu lnb configuration to send a 0.5v higher voltage, this may help, but on a short cable run you run the risk of damaging your LNB

thanks

thanks for reply. if i was to use a 12v will this be ok and not damage my box, that is what i am concerned about.

sorry

have just looked at power supply and it says 12v on it.not good with eclectics is it ok to use a higher volt then???

no m8, higher voltage may cause fatal damage to the receiver, its one with a hugher current (amps) that you need

thank

output on the one im using is 12v 1.66 a
so i need to try a 12v with a higher amp than that then

thanks alot for your help will have to get a different one and give it a go
once again thank you

just tried with the one you said but still no joy, think i will just leave it with loop out on technomate till i can save for a 7020 si thanks for advise anyway mate

Back