Reaction score
I dont want to sound thick (perhaps so)
but i was wondering what the differece is between the 500s
and 600s? besides pricing
thanks Boris

the 600 can take a laptop HDD and has PVR functionality m8

Thanks Digi for info, so same as my 500 plugged into my hdd rec almost,
Regards Boris

yeh not far from it m8, i did buy one, but it never turned up, dontcha just lurve fookin ebay lol

but i got a 7020 with HDD, its basicly a fancy timer with the added extra that you can FTP your tunes and stuff to it as well and do it all off one remote

if i every get my fookin money back from paypal ill end up buying one, if i dont see an HD dreambox for the right price first lol

The Dm500 is a cheap and cheerful box and it does the job but the DM600 does it so much better. There is no farting around with the shares as the hdd is internal and you can record at the flick of a switch. You could have longer EPG with the internal hdd and also with the extra memory you can have several cams loaded. The tuner is supposed to be much better than the DM500. I have a Dm600 for cable and if I had known how much choice there was on the satellite scene I would have brought another DM600. The Dm600 costs twice as much as the DM500 but in my opinion it is twice as good.

i also have 3 500s running in the bedrooms, and TBH for the amount of telly that gets watched in my house, i might as well have a coat hanger on top of the telly lol

got fookin receivers everywhere, a 7020Si, 3 x 500S, TM9100, 1000, 1500, 5200, 5300, 3300, 3500 and a cupboard full of unused ones upstairs, and when i do watch telly, what do i do? put a divx disc into the good old xbox lmfao, if i had a pound meter on my telly, id probably spend less than a fiver a month lol, but im a gadget freak

Yea ill agree its not what your watching its what yer getting , agree nothing watching its a gadget.

i also have 3 500s running in the bedrooms, and TBH for the amount of telly that gets watched in my house, i might as well have a coat hanger on top of the telly lol

Just wondering how you set up the 3 DM500 in the bedrooms , do you have multiple motorised dishes or a fixed dish with multiple LNB?

Just wondering how you set up the 3 DM500 in the bedrooms , do you have multiple motorised dishes or a fixed dish with multiple LNB?

bit of both m8 lol

i have a 1.1M motorised dish running off the receiver in the living room, this has a twin output LNB that also runs to the main bedroom

i have an 80cm motorised that also has a twin LNB, one runs to the main bedroom and one to a walk in cupboard with router and receivers in

and a zone 2 60cm fixed dish with a quad LNB on it, one feed to each of the 2 other bedrooms, one to the living room and one to the kitchen

every room including the kitchen has a cat5 connection as well

the kitchen has a 15" widescreen LCD tv / monitor, 500s, PC and 2 technomates

main bedroom has a portable tv, TM9100 and 2 technomates

kids rooms both have a 500s, one has portable tv and the other a 17" LCD, both also have divx dvd players

living room has 7020Si, 37" LCD on the wall and full internet via hidden laptop and wireless keyboard and mouse

the cupboard has loads of junk and receivers, im too scared to go in there lol

'bit of both' lol! I can see why you never watch any tv m8 you would never be able to make your mind up about where to sit and watch for 5 mins!

Sorry for taking this off topic.

With motorised dish and twin LNB, how is that configured? Would you get the same pciture on two different recivers or would you get two different satellites on two different recivers or could you get two different satellites on a single reciever without moving the dish?

Basically just trying to get my head round motorised dishes and multiple LNB and should I ever consider installing multiple LNB's.

Last edited:
the dreambox in the living room has total control of what satellite the main dish picks up, the 2nd feed of that dish HAS to watch the same satellite, but has a completley independant choice of channels from whatever satellite the box downstairs points the dish at

I realise that you can only have one reciever control the motorised dish but how do you prevent the 2nd feed from changing the satellite or is just case of remembering not to turn the motor on the 2nd feed?

the main receiver connects to the motor, then from the motor to the LNB, like a normal setup, the 2nd receiver connects straight to the other output on the LNB, so doesnt even have a chance to turn the motor m8 ;)

Thats makes it all much clearer. Thanks for the info digidude.

The DM600 has a swapable tuner so you can have either a satellite tuner or cable tuner but not both at the same time.

Back