50 meg, slow wireless speeds.. but 50 meg when wired ?

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got 50 meg installed the other day, was just about to call them and let rip when I thought .... hmmm lets see what its like wired... opps, get 49 meg is on test sites wired... yet on wireless I only get 10 meg if I am lucky !

What is going on ? Got a hp dv9700ea laptop, the router virgin game me is a D Link DIR-615... any settings need changing ?

I am getting really pissed with this now, who uses a wired connection mostly these days !

Grrr lol

Anyone know what to do here other than box it up an send it back ?

What speeds can the DIR 615 handle also with everyone of work today I'm not surprised things is a little slow.

Also when you do a speed test of a site I'm sure it forces the best out of your connection do you get the same results if you start a Ngroup download with grab it etc

What speeds can the DIR 615 handle also with everyone of work today I'm not surprised things is a little slow.

Also when you do a speed test of a site I'm sure it forces the best out of your connection do you get the same results if you start a Ngroup download with grab it etc

Plugged in direct to the router I get just shy of 50meg, even on ng's.... on wireless i dont get about 15meg... around the 10 mark.

It was NG's that got me wondering what was going on, when on wireless lol

good point.....can u explain abit more pls.....coz i get good dnld speeds on nleech but pish poor from other places

On grabit I could not get above 15meg, did jump to 22 but then dropped straight back down lol !

Hi all,

Got 50 meg installed the other day, was just about to call them and let rip when I thought .... hmmm lets see what its like wired... opps, get 49 meg is on test sites wired... yet on wireless I only get 10 meg if I am lucky !

What is going on ? Got a hp dv9700ea laptop, the router virgin game me is a D Link DIR-615... any settings need changing ?

I am getting really pissed with this now, who uses a wired connection mostly these days !

Grrr lol

Anyone know what to do here other than box it up an send it back ?
the problem is 50meg uses n1 and the internal wireless adapter wont be n1
u may have to buy a n1 usb adapter

the problem is 50meg uses n1 and the internal wireless adapter wont be n1
u may have to buy a n1 usb adapter

Got it in one mate :(

my internal wireless is 802.11b/g WLAN.... when router is N band !!! lol

Anyone know if or how to change/upgrade the internal card to a N band one ?

Dont really want to use a dongle :( or pcimia card...

TIA

I only have 10 meg bb and I run over that when downloading I run about 12 meg through a belking, I see why your a bit pissed off

maybe you have interference cordless headphones radio etc etc ?

Last edited:
the problem is 50meg uses n1 and the internal wireless adaptor wont be n1
u may have to buy a n1 usb adaptor

Show off lol Davidh to the rescue I'm sure your robot davidh are some sort of Artificial Intelligence.

Also m8 did you sell them wheels you had I wanted a look will the fit a L200 :Fish:

Show off lol Davidh to the rescue I'm sure your robot davidh are some sort of Artificial Intelligence.

Also m8 did you sell them wheels you had I wanted a look will the fit a L200 :Fish:
gone m8 they where off a hummer :)

Right, the saga continues ! lol

Got the wireless card today, put it in ... only get 8 meg now ! ffs lol

I have done driver update on the network card, broadcom 4321AG 802.11 a/b/g/draft -n Wi-fi adaptor.

What is the "draft" bit about :s is this not a true N band card ? :s

TIA

n has not been fully ratified yet and there is a few different versions (very slight anomalies) You may also have to turn off ab/g in the router also and have it only running on n.

Back