403p Which Firmware, Which Box?

Kommander

Inactive User
Reaction score
How do I know which firmware matches my box?
I have seen so many some say new remote or old remote
Others say lemontree or amstaror other but how do I know which one is for my box?

It's great that people do these updates but I cannot find any explanations as to which is which and how Im supposed to know if I have an old remote or new one.

I've found out I have the New Remote so whats the difference between lemontree and amstar?

amstar and lemontree are just different gui diff menu set ups there are others as well no harm in trying both and see which one you like best .
the mcs firmware just contains the multicas function
the ps firmware contains the cccam/newcamnd /mgcamnd function as well as mcas
someother firmwares are available as well as they have been modded from other recievers and have more media functions diff bootloader screen etc
when updating back up first as you will have to reload your channel list and also back up your server details if you use one as you will have to put details back in via remote or hsdata.cfg
when updating you can choose software and bootloader( i have used this no problems) or software only or channels hence the back up of the previous image and if the newer is a little buggy you can always go back
hope this helps a bit

A big THANKS Halfman, that is exactly what I wanted to know, absolutely spot on.
I am currently using a UNIBOX Firmware with a great GUI but the same as the Lemontree software it only works in HD and does not support scart. For anyone else thats watching the only one so far that supports OSD via scart is the amstar versions.

thx again halfman I've added to your rep.

I have just got one of these Orton 403 boxes and have a slight problem with the audio on HD channels.
It isnt downmixing Dolby Digital ,its just silent .
I've tried a few different firmware types and the issue seems to be the same on all of them.
Has anyone else encountered this issue ?

Nice box apart from this issue,Galaxy Synaps is a very nice looking firmware,seems the best I've tried so far.

Have you tried going to A/V control-Digital Audio Out and setting that to Auto?

Have you tried going to A/V control-Digital Audio Out and setting that to Auto?
Yes tried that but no good.
That relates to the audio via the Digital audio out.
I'm trying to get the receiver to downmix the audio through the tv ,most normal receivers do that.

Also does HDMI, from the manual........5.Digital Audio Out is for setting the both SPDIF
and HDMI’s digital audio output mode, it has
options LPCM Out, Auto, You can press
[Left/Right] Key to select each mode circularity.
LPCM Out means system will decode no matter
AC3 or PCM audio track data to be LPCM, digital
audio decoder or HDMI TV will get LPCM digital
audio data. Auto means system will detect which
the connected HDMI TV can decode and then
output that data. If HDMI TV can decode AC3,
system just output RAW data, if HDMI TV can
decode LPCM only, system will just decode AC3 or
LPCM to be LPCM and then output.
This worked for me, maybe you need to alter a TV setting.

I have just got one of these Orton 403 boxes and have a slight problem with the audio on HD channels.
It isnt downmixing Dolby Digital ,its just silent .
I've tried a few different firmware types and the issue seems to be the same on all of them.
Has anyone else encountered this issue ?

Nice box apart from this issue,Galaxy Synaps is a very nice looking firmware,seems the best I've tried so far.

Press yellow button
arrow down once
press ok

its the mode your in

tried the yellow button etc, no joy, guess its firmware dependent.

also been in touch with toshiba and tv support dolby digital through hdmi but still no audio on some hd channels

any help guys? please.

Its a hardware bug as far as I can deduce.
I tried lots of different firmware revisions but they all gave the same result,the receiver cannot downmix 5.1 audio to stereo .

thanks

evrything ive read about the box says it should, can get a new sanyo sat tuner for it that also says it can downmix but dont want the same prob.

other forum says its a firmware prob and should be fixed on next firmware image.

such a shame, have got a coax digital converter to analogue on its way to try.

ok, not outputing audio on digital coax out either

guess hardware fault with box, can get a new tuner for it which says can downmix, is it worth the plunge or should i throw in towel.

Sounds like a messy job ,not worth the time and cost in my opinion.

Its a pity that the 5.1 audio doesnt work as apart from that fault its a very nice box.

ok, not outputing audio on digital coax out either

guess hardware fault with box, can get a new tuner for it which says can downmix, is it worth the plunge or should i throw in towel.

Back