4001n

khan

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys

i have 4001n very slow to bootup. when it does i get all channels.

i cannot get to engineers menue .

every time i power up it goes to pat and counting numbers.

i have removed red jumper and checked battery ok and replaced.

it was ok before vm update.

there you go wait till next month when it all goes pear shaped well he got it so we all going to have probs now even them who pay for it pmpl my box gone now and my moden so im paying and i dont like it lol

Last edited:
4001,s arent the best of box,s to start with could be something with the box going through nit pat and counting sounds like it,s resetting it,s self every time you cut the power easy answer dont turn it off lol, could the battery be shorting somehow ? also try to reflow the amtels worth a go

hi guys

i have 4001n very slow to bootup. when it does i get all channels.

i cannot get to engineers menue .

every time i power up it goes to pat and counting numbers.

i have removed red jumper and checked battery ok and replaced.

the 4001 isnt supposed to be on virgin software as far as i know. Virgin said it was gonna update the boxes at different times and the 4001 would be the last box to be done as it is most likely to have problems. I may be wrong but i think this is where the problem lies.

i have done 3 of these 4001 boxes and two booted onto ntl firmware and the other got stuck on vm update ,the only thing i noticed was the ones that worked were 4001nc and the one that didnt was a 4001n ,,this might help??

i have done 3 of these 4001 boxes and two booted onto ntl firmware and the other got stuck on vm update ,the only thing i noticed was the ones that worked were 4001nc and the one that didnt was a 4001n ,,this might help??

Hi i have a box 4001nc it starts up on ntl screen then jumps to powering up virgin media and hangs on stanby and also i have noticed on lcd screen when it boots it goes pace ** tune**nit**boot**then stuck on standby any advise

Back