4001 no display

_Phat_

Inactive User
Reaction score
My mate the plumber got himself a 4001N with no card, so I pop in the LED simm and after a bit of fiddling the box reveals it's secrets.
I remove the bridges ( I have a crap LED simm with a red button) clap the thing back together program him a fun and fire it up.
Horror! display wouldn't come on at first then when it did it came up all 88:88 (flickering) and now when plugged in nothing :( .
I have tried reflowing the atmels and replacing the top223y and the smd cap next to it, but nothing.
Is there a specific area to check for voltages/resistance etc.

any help greatly appreciated.

have you tried wiggling the ribbon cable its a bugger to get out sometimes and can get damaged . think thats something to do with the led display

It's been in and out so many times it must be wiggled and woggled!, no seriously I have tried different displays from working boxes too but to no avail :(

i'm not 100% sure on this one mate, but from what i know, it's usually the 2000 that have the 88:88 problem, rather than the 4001...from what i've been told in the past relating to this problem is, they are a bit hit and miss, leave it a while and switch it back on again and just keep trying this, usually they fire up in the end.....Ooooo, i mean boot up, if u get me drift, but if anyone knows any diferent, then please solve this problem....lol

You have to check for solder bridges mate. You linked various parts of the board when using the ledsimm and it seems highly likely that a solder splash has occurred.

Chookey

Still no luck, been right the way over it with my big magnifying glass, mini wire brush and fibreglass pencil even resoldered the connections I had to attach to for the Led Simm nothing :(

Back