Vu Solo 2 No display

Slots

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there

I made this mistake of flashing my Vu Solo 2 with a Solo 2 se image , it was a clone safe image but for an se now my box won't do anything , the power light comes on but the display no longer displays anything on the front it stays blank, i can here the fan is going and there are lights on the back near the ethernet cable i have tried re flashing but wont re flash , can i salvage it from this position any help greatly appreciated
thanks
Peter

Who made the clone safe se image ?

You can flash the solo se with solo 2 images as a whole that wont cause any problems the SE is just a solo 2 without the front display But im not sure you can flash the solo 2 with an se image and get away with it.

Have you tried reflash with more than one USB stick ?

If it is not responding to usb stick it look like only solution will be jtag or nand flash replacement.

Thanks for quick reply.
vu-hd.com is where i got the image from it worked sweet on my friends se but the solo 2 + version i tried from same place would get so far into set up and freeze every time which is why i gave the se image a go, (BIG MISTAKE) it did accept the image again i got a long way into set up then it green screen crashed i thought ok no worries re boot , er no , thats last time box and display came on.

even though no display i have tried to re flash the solo 2 image with the stick i used before it has flashed it multi times before so new stick won't help will it ?
Ive looked inside its a lonrisun red sticker on the chip, I've been reading the jtag posts this looks like its not too easy lol

Thanks for quick reply.
vu-hd.com is where i got the image from it worked sweet on my friends se but the solo 2 + version i tried from same place would get so far into set up and freeze every time which is why i gave the se image a go, (BIG MISTAKE) it did accept the image again i got a long way into set up then it green screen crashed i thought ok no worries re boot , er no , thats last time box and display came on.

even though no display i have tried to re flash the solo 2 image with the stick i used before it has flashed it multi times before so new stick won't help will it ?
Ive looked inside its a lonrisun red sticker on the chip, I've been reading the jtag posts this looks like its not too easy lol

Try the different version of lonrison image.

V2,V3,V4 etc one of those images may flash.

Do you know what version the box was before all this ?

Try the different version of lonrison image.

V2,V3,V4 etc one of those images may flash.

Do you know what version the box was before all this ?

i will search and try the different images for lonrison

I got the box 3 years ago with open pli image on it with the 1.5 metrix HD skin already installed , same person updated it 12 months ago to open pli 4 , i was just trying to replicate the set up as the person i got it off decided to change the password so I couldn't access the box in anyway. I also thought it was genuine box its only since trying to flash and replicate the set up i realised it was a clone box !!

Seems after searches I was on the right website for the image for this chip
Even with no display you think it could still flash in image from this state then as well ?

Last edited:
i will search and try the different images for lonrison

I got the box 3 years ago with open pli image on it with the 1.5 metrix HD skin already installed , same person updated it 12 months ago to open pli 4 , i was just trying to replicate the set up as the person i got it off decided to change the password so I couldn't access the box in anyway. I also thought it was genuine box its only since trying to flash and replicate the set up i realised it was a clone box !!

Seems after searches I was on the right website for the image for this chip
Even with no display you think it could still flash in image from this state then as well ?

If your box is a version 2 for instance and you try flash a V3 image then it may show the symptoms yours does.

If it wont take any of the v2 v3 or v4 images and your sure your USB stick is fine then its back to jtag or nand flash replacment.

If your box is a version 2 for instance and you try flash a V3 image then it may show the symptoms yours does.

If it wont take any of the v2 v3 or v4 images and your sure your USB stick is fine then its back to jtag or nand flash replacment.

Guessing its impossible to know what version my box is , cant seem to find different versions of the image ? how do i get specific V2 V3 V4 images so i know I've tried the different ones ?

thanks for your help

Guessing its impossible to know what version my box is , cant seem to find different versions of the image ? how do i get specific V2 V3 V4 images so i know I've tried the different ones ?

thanks for your help

Just use the earliest images you can find for Lornison and work up.

Just use the earliest images you can find for Lornison and work up.
Ive tried to re flash with a black hole image that perviously before display went off it would accept this image , so knowing it previously accepted this image is the enough info to say theres probably no point trying re flash ??
looking like the Jtag or new chip method

if you're not getting any sign of life like something on lcd display screen (applicable for Solo2 clone only, not solo2 SE) even with an image you know was fine before then it is looking like you have bricked it i'm afraid.

Few have been successful with jtag but personally I would go with either new flash chip and it being re-soldered on (carefully) or get a solo2 SE clone. Weigh up the cost between them both.

Most new Solo2 SE clones hopefully can accept sunray safe images which means a significant more choice of images to choose from. They have no display on front but that's it spec-wise.

Bear in mind that with a new flash chip and it being re-soldered correctly, would still limit you to same choice of images that box could accept before the new flash chip. This could mean v2, v3 or v4 for lonrison. All these images are rare now due to no support from lonrison with regards to drivers.

Back