4001 Movies On Demand

vish_p_1

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hey there every1 jus a couple of questions n maybe answers for others !!!

I usually help ma family out everytime the box goes down, I dont really watch it but love experimenting with things strictly for my personal n educational purposes lol : whip : anyway I belive there is no pin fix for the 4001 well yet!! wiv family heavy hastlin me everyday about the movies combined with me messn n messen around wiv my box i managed to get on demand workin with the help of a tb enabled tuner module and adding a 6db attenuator on the input feed! Can any1 tell me if this is okay and if the box can be traced with tb enabled? and if so how long b4 theres a knock on ma door. at the end of the day i wouldnt want to put no one in danger with the screws yeh i ment the 1nz on the box lol ha ha etc etc...

I am para but desperate times call for desparate mesures n hey its friday nite n i cant be arsed doin much its pissn outside n so fudge it!!

You Neva Relise What U Have Got Till Its GONE

re

Cheers!! naa wudnt wanna do that coz it already happned to me with my credit card B*S*A*DS, hope 4001 fix comes soon tho...

Bad Karma

What Goes Around Comes Around

TB enabld will allow VOD..

however as siad will cause someone to be billed

ok i have done it on my box cause i was the last subbed person to the box and so ar touch wood.. no bills

but that desnt mean to say i wont get it...

if u activate vod you are putting yaself at risk of getting done and someone else footting the bill..

so dont ..

Can the box be traced via the ip add or mac?:FRIGHT:

Any box with talkback enabled could be traced !

Its very easy to trace to your local node and from there an engineer can, relatively easily, trace it to a single cable connection !

TB enabld will allow VOD..

however as siad will cause someone to be billed

ok i have done it on my box cause i was the last subbed person to the box and so ar touch wood.. no bills

but that desnt mean to say i wont get it...

if u activate vod you are putting yaself at risk of getting done and someone else footting the bill..

so dont ..

im not sure if an old customer can be billed if the billing account states disc or written off ie owes money i dont think the account could be billed it needs to be active account

my box was brand new when i got it so no one can be billed as it hadnt had a previous owner

my box was brand new when i got it so no one can be billed as it hadnt had a previous owner

You forget that VM itself will be billed !

The VOD events aren't owned by VM, they are simply suplied on a per-view basis. The supplier of the event will want paying for the number of views, regardless of whether they come from a paying subscriber or from someone "experimenting" !

By draining this cash from VM you are effectively preventing them from investing in their business and, in the long term, possibly causing them to fail as a cable TV provider.

Is this really what you want ?

Watching the broadcast channels is one thing as VM pay for these channels with a fixed fee based on the number of subscribers. The reception of these channels by unauthorised boxes cannot be easily detected so no charges are generated for these boxes. The VOD stuff, on the other hand, is all very carefully managed and each transaction generates a cash movement !

edit:

Some quick calcs based on arbitary but not unreasonable numbers !

Say there are 50,000 people with dodgy boxes each making 5 VOD purchases per week at an avarage cost of £5 per event.

Thats £1.25 Million per week, not just as lost revenue but as an actual cost which VM have to stump up to the vod suppliers. That kind of loss is just unsustainable for any length of time.

You might argue with the actual numbers (they are arbitary) but you can see the gist of what i'm trying to say !

Last edited:
Back