40001 no t-stream, wrecking me brain.

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
4001 no t-stream, wrecking me brain.

Hi
Just looking abit of advice please, a friend has giving me a 4001 to do for him, i have done the card with correct info (fun autoupdate) (on VM) checked and confirmed ird and bk were correct just get a blank screen for hours. Went into the engineer menu and card status says no t-stream when card is incerted, when put in the wrong way it says mute err which is notmal. What could this be i have changed the cim unit and also done a atmega, still no joy, im getting the free to air channels. Be great if someone could help me out. also i cant get the box to to update when red jumper is removed? ill leave it overnight and get back. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
help

anyone? never seen this before like. and theres no t-stream in the search.

Last edited:
Usually means the box isn't seeing a valid datastream from the cable. You often get this when the box is set to an incorrect NetId or default frequency / symbol rate.

Being a 4001, the box will only work in pure NTL regions but should set its own NetId within that area. You may have to set the default freq though.

by what method did you confirm the bk? did you funcard actually give you a picture as this is very much like wrong bk

no problem, i used the led sim the new one, copy and pasted the bk and ird. still the same. the freq must be right if im getting free to air or maybe not, ill trya and the freq and double check the bk.

Last edited:
Still stuck on this one, Cant anyone help?

It was working fine then pay channels went to a black screen, now it says no-stream for card status in engineers menu. BK and IRD are correct. im still getting free to air. What could of failed?

make sure net id / freq are right .

whats your signal level like ?, any spliters ?

im in pure VM so the freq and netid are auto updatable, signal is ok as im getting free to air no splitters also tryed in a different house, Strange fault im no newbi to this game, its deff a box fault but cant address this one. Any More takers? Im thinking its the card reader???

These boxes do not set their freq automatically, they will pick up the netid but u have to manually change the freq. Check and make sure it picks up the correct netid and manually set the freq 4 ur area and press services to store it. If ur still having this problem then i suggest u check ur ird and bk again. Often a plain black screen indicates a problem with your bk, maybe just one number or letter wrong. If ur card reader was the problem then i'm sure you would get a smart card not inserted or some invalid error when the box is on, also in em you would normally get a mute err prob with card inserted correctly if the card reader is faulty. its most likely an incorrect bk.

Back