4 x new images

cheers that got the box to boot, put on brushed ali skin and the cleanup wizard told me to delete stuff as only 2 mb left.
gonna try adding zaphistory and rytec if there is any room left.
wish i had never bought the heap of junk.

Loaded 18 image , no probs and yes i set passwd.

Tried divx on front usb sound ok but no video.
Havent had any crashes at all.FTP'd DW-LIVE and installed DD's ppanel v3.02.Loaded cooltv ok , installed epg but no sources.

Looks like its just video that need sorting

seems your getting problems no one else gets like me ellie

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers that got the box to boot, put on brushed ali skin and the cleanup wizard told me to delete stuff as only 2 mb left.
gonna try adding zaphistory and rytec if there is any room left.
wish i had never bought the heap of junk.
The crash you were seeing was not due to Pin, as we previously thought, though it is an issue when you access the pwd screen from non-default HD skin.
Its due to first screen where it ask to download the channel list which also using the 'ButtonRed' etc elements which are not part of all the HD skins. UR should put those 4 colours in default skin file.
This is why I always recommend to use DW image, atleast we know the bugs we face in UR will be toned down/quick fixed in DW images :)

This is why I always recommend to use DW image, atleast we know the bugs we face in UR will be toned down/quick fixed in DW images :)

and if im about, i can add anything to the ppanel server to enable temp fixes, like the audio button fix

i still think the UR images dont overwrite everything as they should, as i havent applied ANY fixes since flashing with image 18, yet i have no issues with any green screens from any button presses at all, but, i did fix those issues in the last image that was on the receiver

a factory reset only deletes channel lists

not sure what else above this a FULL factory reset does, but any plugins installed after flashing, are still there after resetting

flashing a new image doesnt erase any emulator config files, so what else is 'kept'?

a flash should erase EVERYTHING and you have to start all over again, if this means an extra few button presses and a little more work FTPing saved configs over, itd be worth it to know that youre actually starting fresh each time, instead of having small bits of random code knocking about

i added the 18 image, then added the dw-live ppanel, and downloaded the latest one
downloaded epg
updated epg
downloaded rats updater plugin
updated with rats channel list
downloaded picons, as they have gone awol

maybe if half of the image wasnt made up of python scripts AND compiled python scripts, second stage DM800 boot loaders, DM7025 configuration files, remote keymaps for DM800, 8000, 7025, and all the other DMM and duplicated stuff (and man, theres loads of duplicated stuff) then the 57.3Mb image could be down to as low as ~ 30Mb, leaving loads of memory for user installable goodies instead

:)

I have put 08-03 back on.
gstreamer isn't working if there is no video anyway ffs.

@SHANI 08 thanks m8 , i had already made the directory and added necessary files and downloaded epg.Just wanted to let others know what to expect if they went the same route.

I do hope the source is updated and that DD and yourself can work some magic with media player so that DW can release first fully working image.
That would be something to moan about.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

whats missing from the EPG download then? just the sources file, or the channels file as well?

the file included in the latest DW image is a unique file for the TM800HD (for now) so when everyone elses updater goes down, TM800 owners wont se any difference, as theirs will still update

if the file is missing from the download, il add the default file to the initial download, and the unique one will then only be for TM800 owners with the DW image on it ;)

Hi DD, heres what i did.

!) ftp'd DW-Live file to ppanels
2) Used yellow button to access ppanels (i have a password set)
3)Used DW-live to download customiser and then used about and update to get to 3.02.
4) Downloaded epg and cooltv and skin fix and audio fix - restarted enigma
5)Blue and then blue ,exit and epg import appeared in plug in ,cool tv appeared in menu on yellow button and epgimport.Looked exactly like a DW image at this point.
6) pressed epg import and no sources, checked /etc and no epgimport file created
7)used mkdir to create file and ftp'd latest source and channels xml's restarted enigma again epg import started.

Hope this helps m8

once again I cant try this as PPanels are not working for me, wish I could get to the bottom of this

I have removed ur 18 as i have found it to be unstable in normal use.I think with the addition on media player plugin there is insufficient memory left (even using swap file) for the box to cope.Remote response slowed down green screened on requesting epg,due to multiple button pushes .Box restarted with clean up wizard which i exited without using but every button i pressed then came up with green screen.
Two hours and four reflashes and reinstalling later i have reflashed with DW 08.03.11 for some stability.

so can someone tell me in image 18 does the media layer work? as i cant seem to get it to play an mp4

also, I have had no issues using the 18 - menus and everything seem quick

so can someone tell me in image 18 does the media layer work? as i cant seem to get it to play an mp4

It doesn't work. You might get the audio but not the video.

Just like to add that I have now installed version 18 of the UR image.

I had to make the epgimport folder in /etc and FTP sources manually. To get the epgimport to work.

Apart from that I am very pleased with it.

Is there any way to browse the network as you can do on other images?

Have you tried to do anything other than watch tv or try to play a media file.Try a sat scan without clearing first, the box runs out of memory at about 37% on 28.2e locks and requires restart(power off/on rear).Then you will see the clean up wizard which requires you to remove plugins before you can use the box again.Rather defeats the object of plugins if you have to remove one to add one.If epg wasnt on my external drive that would also be a none starter.
i have reflashed the image and added nothing and yes i can watch tv and move about the remote without crashing but thats all i can do.

The UR images are much too big on memory useage, look at the VU+ and DM800 images and you will see they are in the region 30-40 mb

Back