4.8e What size dish...

fta101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello I am in the North West of England and get very frustrated with Everton not being on many channels at 1500 Saturday...

I know I should support a better club, but hey... So tomorrow, it is only on two stations, and I can never get the VIASAT PL channels on 4.8e.. I do get some channels on 4.8e, but not many. I have a 90CM motorised dish...

So any ideas on what I can do to resolve this?? Bigger dish, better LNB ???

Depends on the quality of your dish a no name unbranded could be 1m in size but still only perform like an 85cm compared to a quality dish such as the Gibertini or Triax range, I know you could sqeeze out good levels with a cheap Orbital 80cm if used with an Inverto Ultra LNB. Receiver makes a big difference as well some perform better than others.

on a 90cm where you are depending on dish and what LNB you have then you should receive the nordic beam with a good healthy SNR figure.

As an example i installed for a customer the other day a Triax 88cm with Inverto Ultra and TM5402HD managed to sqeeze about 73% SNR out of the TM ( This SNR reading from the TM's signal meter before anyone asks ) I know for a fact that the 5402 will go down to about 43% before channel breakup so at 73% theres plenty of rain fade margin built in.

Not sure about the dish, but the lnb is a cheapy.. Recommendations??

Box is a DM800

Box is a DM800

get yourself a td110 and a inverto ultra and you shouldnt lose the sirius nordic beam in anything other that biblical storms. regards mdt

Box is a DM800

Deffo the Inverto Ultra for the LNB i have seen an increase of around 10% on weak transponders such as those on 4.8e, 26e and 7w.

If your DM800 has the latest tuner then you should be ok, But as a rough idea i have a VU+ Ultimo in the lounge and a DM800se Sim 2.10 in the other lounge both connected up to a motorised Inverto Ultra Quad and say on 1w on PLTV the Ultimo gives me an SNR reading of around 95% the 800se only gives me around 86% so nearly a 10% drop probably due to the Clones Tuner, A TM500 Super connected up gives me 97% so you can see not all receivers are the same.

Conclusion the Inverto Ultra will help you no end.

Regards

not sure if this is any use, a mate live near tamworth, has a 1M orbital dish with dm800, on the VIASAT XTRA PL, manages to watch without a problem albeit siganl level of about 40%. i know that low but the russian channels on their have a signal level of 95%

Quite interesting what is being said about the lnb.

Had to do an emergency replacement last year of my lnb on my motorised dish and the only thing I had knocking around was an lnb from a sky dish. Since then have noticed my signals arent as great as before.

Is the Inverto Ultra recommended then? I have had a google and seen them on Amazon for about £7. Is that correct, seems cheap to me.

13 quid delivered is about the going rate. That said world of sat were doing them for £7 plus shipping this week

Quite interesting what is being said about the lnb.

Had to do an emergency replacement last year of my lnb on my motorised dish and the only thing I had knocking around was an lnb from a sky dish. Since then have noticed my signals arent as great as before.

Is the Inverto Ultra recommended then? I have had a google and seen them on Amazon for about £7. Is that correct, seems cheap to me.

Dont get confused with the premium i know that inverto have a 3 tier range Eco, Premium and Ultra

Back