Sensible Topic ADVICE - Ditching my Virgin Media contract and switching to another name/new customer?

This from my hub3 on WiFi using my phone just now and I on 100meg
9FB4549C-1694-4D66-AAA6-524DE4A6E856.png

I don't think it's all hub3s, but some people seem to have had issues with some of them.

I would contact them again and threaten to sack the deal off unless they sort the speed, it could be a duff hub3, I'm sure @Spectre had a lot of trouble with the hub3 but eventually got it sorted.

Seemed to stabilise itself, I only use modem mode. I don't know if they were doing something on the network but it used to go offline quite a bit.

I phoned them and "Kirsty" from Mumbai said there was a problem and I'd have to book a visit. Didn't bother and it's been stable since.

ok I rang virgin media, they went through a few optimizations settings via 192 page..it appears that my hub3 wasn't optimised for maximum efficiency....anyway dine speed test and low behind I'm getting good speed , see pic..that's was on my s8 plus..also done on laptop connected directly.. same fast speed..on my kids phones the speed is very low 29 Mbps...I'm assuming that's because they have these Chinese phones redmi etc..they don't seem to have the Wifi radio setup to get these speeds..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191124-144435_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-144435_Speedtest.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 8
ok I rang virgin media, they went through a few optimizations settings via 192 page..it appears that my hub3 wasn't optimised for maximum efficiency....anyway dine speed test and low behind I'm getting good speed , see pic..that's was on my s8 plus..also done on laptop connected directly.. same fast speed..on my kids phones the speed is very low 29 Mbps...I'm assuming that's because they have these Chinese phones redmi etc..they don't seem to have the Wifi radio setup to get these speeds..
I get 110 on my phone ,wife's Chinese phone only gets 70 megs so you could be right.

You will only reach top speeds on mobile devices if they are connected to the 5G wifi.

Devices not capable of 5G will only reach a maximum of 70mbps.

If the phone only has 2.4 ghtz wifi then 35 is abut the best you will get, on 5 ghtz you will get a lot faster

I mentioned ealier that depending on what radios you have in phone you would get different reading. Its not only phones though, i have a dell 17" laptop with a I7 processor and 8gb ram which is about 4 years old and it will say 50mb connection on a 200mb connection but my chinese oneplus 6t mclaren phone will always give me over 200mb connection. My nvidia hard wired always is true and gives over 220mb and 20mb up.

justb an update..my cashback hasnt tracked with topcashbck..i cant see it in my account...so decided to submit a missing claim, however when filling in the details it asks you about "OID has to begin with WS and is followed by 7 digits " as seen in screenshot...where is this info..? as i cant see it anywhere?

sorry ignore that i found it , it was from virgin webpage team...

Last edited:
Back