3G Dongle Pay As You Go For Free Just Pay £4.95 P+P

ok i got an e156g today from my supplier. got this one on the way thou...

after unlocking it, cost about £14

i then put £10 top up on my 3 sim card registering it as a phone with the £5 bolt on for 2gb of broadband per month ;) 'fair use'

rather than the crap 1gb for £10

so now i have orderd the 02 sim and cant wait to try it out :)

absolutely, brilliant
anyone know if i can use this abroad??

heard i can use 3 in italy on a network used by 3??
anyone got any info??

ta

site back on again ive downed the app but you have to pay them to unlock the modem

Always wanted to try one of these and for a fiver can't complain, nice find

you cant use their data abroad

pretty sure you can whilst on a 3 sister network, it's called '3 like home'

however I believe this arrangement is changing at the end of June, new details aren't announced yet.

found more details here:
hXXp://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/International/3_Like_Home_Pay_As_You_Go

absolutely, brilliant
anyone know if i can use this abroad??

heard i can use 3 in italy on a network used by 3??
anyone got any info??

ta

Maybe for a short period as I believe they may be changing there T & C.
Not sure if this is just contract thou?

text message from Three and they are withdrawing the "3 like Home" option on the 30th June 2009.

So therefore you will be now charged for international calls in these countries

* 3 Austria
* 3 Australia
* 3 Denmark
* 3 Hong Kong
* 3 Italy
* 3 Ireland
* 3 Sweden

Sounds like a gr8 offer but can anyone confirm the website is secure and legit? Am I being a little too suspicious ?

It had the veri check for me pal. I ordered one anyway cos it was so cheap but I have no idea what to do when it comes but I know others will and I will take my lead from them.

Copied and pasted. NOT TESTED BY ME!

UNLOCKING '3' HUAWEI E220 USB MODEM

Huawei E220 USB modem is supplied by 3, T-Mobile & Vodafone.

Do the below with your laptop running on mains power or from a desktop pc.

READ through all the instructions first before starting. You do this at your own risk. It will void your warranty with your network provider.

Go to: http://www.mobilebroadbandrocks.com/usb-modem-huawei-e220-on-vista-take-2

Do Step one on the above link if you are using Windows VISTA. If you are not go direct to step two.

Do Step two on the link above regardless of the OS you are using. This will update the modem firmware to the latest version.

DO NOT DO STEP 3 on the link above. IT IS FOR VODAFONE MODEMS ONLY AND WILL LOAD THE VODAFONE DASHBOARD ON YOUR MODEM!

Go to: http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/doc/list.do?type=-1&id=736

Download E220-UTPSB002D03SP04C03 (Normal) (7813 KB) 23-Nov-2007. Extract and run.

Edit: Just seen E220-UTPSB002D03SP16C03 (Normal) (6870 KB) 14-Jan-2008 is now on the site. I personally used the above.

The above program will update your modem dashboard to the latest version and unlock your modem. It replaces the '3' dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

You will need to run the Mobile Partner setup program from your modem to install the new dashboard on your laptop.

Your new dashboard is the Mobile Partner software.

To set up a connection in Mobile Partner go to:

Tools > Options > Profile Management
Click New
Enter a profile name
The Settings for the '3' network are:
APN static
APN: three.co.uk
Access number: *98#
No username or password required leave blank
Click save

If you use a different networks simcard you will have to create a profile for that particular network using the correct settings for that network.

Last edited:
Being the brave person, I was going to try it...but the 2nd link doest work.
Going to try and scour the web site to find it later.

heres a guide to unlock the e220 worked for me very easy to do http://iroshansblog.co.cc/?p=53
then just get a iphone pay and go sim activate it with 10 pound then you get a years free unlimited net but mist people say dont go over 2.5 gig a month

the settings i use for o2 change the APN to payandgo.o2.co.uk user is vertigo and password is password

had mine for 3 months now works great aslong as you can get a good o2 signal

I just went through the sign up but went on to a non secure payment page :( think I'll give it a miss

Ok, Have tried the above methods but nono seem to work?
The reason I think, is that I have a ZTE MF 627 USB Modem.
I take it this is not a HUAWEI E220 USB MODEM?

Not that clued up at the momnet...lol

On a side note, has anyone received the dongle from post 1? Im still waiting for mine.

Ok, Now I am getting confused.
When I check the modem with the DC Unlocker tool it is telling me that it is a ZTE and not a Huawei Terminal.
Can I still unlock it in the same way as posted above?

Ok, Now I am getting confused.
When I check the modem with the DC Unlocker tool it is telling me that it is a ZTE and not a Huawei Terminal.
Can I still unlock it in the same way as posted above?

Yes & No, ZTE is a totally different manufacturer so needs a different unlock technique to the Huawei. Afaik, the only available unlocking procedure for this device is going to cost £12-£15 via one of the online unlocking services.

I think you can still use the DC unlocker proggy but its going to take credits via their online service !

Last edited:
Back