3ds and acekard help

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, im not very up on all the ds stuff so need abit of help, just got a 3ds for my niece and ive got a acekard i bought few weeks back, but im not sure what the best thing to do is, when i go to the 3ds settings it says ver 1.1.0-0E , can anybody tell me whats the best thing to do with it with the card i have please ? thanks

ive done abit of reading and i think im getting it right, with my 3ds still on ver 1.1 i copy the latest update for the acekard onto the acekard, i then put the acekard in the 3ds, do the update for the acekard and then do i go to update my 3ds with the system update in settings ? thanks

Last edited:
ye think you have it right
load newest software and update to the acekard
and run on current version of the 3ds, update the card first
then you should be fine to update the 3ds

thanks for replies, ive downloaded the acekard update, do i just copy that 1 file to the acekard ? and then do i run it all somehow threw the 3ds ?

does the microcard need to be fat32 also ?

Last edited:
hiya, i think i need the akaio 1.8.9 folder on root of my card aswell dont i ? im just bit worried about going a head and doing it all when im not very clued up on all this nintendo stuff, thanks

just keeps saying system file missing when ever i put card in 3ds

right i think ive done the update, it says 3dsv4 and it came up updating can ruin your acekard etc etc, then it went to 100% and said update done reboot your ds, so next question is is it safe to update the actual 3ds ? if so whats best way to do that ? do i just connect to my wifi and update that way ? also i can i now delete the acecard fw update file now the update is done ?

Last edited:
hiya, i think i need the akaio 1.8.9 folder on root of my card aswell dont i ? im just bit worried about going a head and doing it all when im not very clued up on all this nintendo stuff, thanks

just keeps saying system file missing when ever i put card in 3ds

right i think ive done the update, it says 3dsv4 and it came up updating can ruin your acekard etc etc, then it went to 100% and said update done reboot your ds, so next question is is it safe to update the actual 3ds ? if so whats best way to do that ? do i just connect to my wifi and update that way ? also i can i now delete the acecard fw update file now the update is done ?

Dont worry about updating the 3DS as it will ask for it to be updated when you try play a 3DS game,which you can then say yes to,
and yes you can now delete the fw update file :)

thanks everyone for help, its all sorted now, 3ds fully updated aswell as acekard, got some game on it now and all working great, thanks

See a new relaese came out on the 21/12/11

Version 3.0.0-6U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Date Available: 12/21/2011
•System stability improvements and other adjustments
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
For information about system updates prior to version 3.0.0-6U, please see Nintendo 3DS Version Change History.

Which is after acekard update
Acekard | AK | AK+ | AK2 | AK RPG | AK2i | Acekard 2i | Acekard 2| NDS Flash Cart | www.acekard.com | Acekard official site

Has anyone done the 3.0.0-6U yet?

See a new relaese came out on the 21/12/11

Version 3.0.0-6U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Date Available: 12/21/2011
•System stability improvements and other adjustments
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
For information about system updates prior to version 3.0.0-6U, please see Nintendo 3DS Version Change History.

Which is after acekard update
Acekard | AK | AK+ | AK2 | AK RPG | AK2i | Acekard 2i | Acekard 2| NDS Flash Cart | [url]www.acekard.com | Acekard official site[/url]

Has anyone done the 3.0.0-6U yet?

Hiya, I have mate, as I read up on it just before I update as I noticed a newer update came out lately, and read someone had done it and been fine so I update the 3ds to that and it's been working fine,

no flash card will play 3ds games
these will work on a 3ds with ds games but at the moment there is no cartrage on the market that does the 3d games

yes it will mate but there expencive mate
check out priceangles tho as there a little cheaper there about 8 quid each

Back