Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

39e and tree would this be problem

Yes mate there's a window but its a square bay window at the side of the dish when the photo was taken the dish was pointing at 39e but will rotate further and doesn't hit bay window
So the motor is ok
What about dish size in think its 8o cm
Should I get bigger dish ?

Yes mate there's a window but its a square bay window at the side of the dish when the photo was taken the dish was pointing at 39e but will rotate further and doesn't hit bay window
So the motor is ok
What about dish size in think its 8o cm
Should I get bigger dish ?

It wasn't so much hitting the bay window it is how the photo shows the dish that the window may be obscuring part of the dish side in effect having a signal issue, The 80cm is fine for the usual Nova Sport & Diema also the TM5402 will help with its extremely sensitive tuner.

Have you had a go at maybe fine tuning around 39° east with diseqc 1.2 to see if that brings in anymore signal

It wasn't so much hitting the bay window it is how the photo shows the dish that the window may be obscuring part of the dish side in effect having a signal issue, The 80cm is fine for the usual Nova Sport & Diema also the TM5402 will help with its extremely sensitive tuner.

Have you had a go at maybe fine tuning around 39° east with diseqc 1.2 to see if that brings in anymore signal

No mate dot now what I'm doing lol
Can I move dish using the receiver but seems strange picking nothing up east of 28e

Can I move dish using the receiver but seems strange picking nothing up east of 28e

Yes you can if your setup with USALS at the moment then send the dish to 39° east and then in the menu - Motorised setting switch the USALS over to Diseqc 1.2 and just under the satellite setting at the top change the transponder setting to 11052 V 30000 and then move down to the fine adjustment and alter the dish a step at a time either east or west until you can get the strongest Quality signal bar reading possible.

You dont have to worry about messing up the menu system as you can just return the setting back to USALS and save and all will be OK again

Have you ever had anything east of 28°? Could be a slight elevation problem with the motor, not so noticeable until nearer the ends of the arc.
Also, if you have an iPhone/iPad, try the dishpointer app- it'll tell you in seconds if the tree's your problem.

Must have done in the past but dish could have moved slightly not used it for ages
What of I try the sats on the west see if there's a problem on that side

Yes you can if your setup with USALS at the moment then send the dish to 39° east and then in the menu - Motorised setting switch the USALS over to Diseqc 1.2 and just under the satellite setting at the top change the transponder setting to 11052 V 30000 and then move down to the fine adjustment and alter the dish a step at a time either east or west until you can get the strongest Quality signal bar reading possible.

You dont have to worry about messing up the menu system as you can just return the setting back to USALS and save and all will be OK again

Mate haven't got that transponder is there a way I can manually add that transponder

Done that seem to have picked some channels all French channels what sort of channels should I have picked up
Justbtryingbto confirm i am on 39e

Done that seem to have picked some channels all French channels what sort of channels should I have picked up
Justbtryingbto confirm i am on 39e

id say your dish is on 5w as there are french channels at 11.054.v.29950 . what channels are on the txp? is there a fransat info channel fta and FR3 regionals?.. send you dish back to 28.2e and then get someone to send the dish to 39e and you go outside to see which way it moves.. if it moves left when your looking at the dish its going west instead of east. regards mdt

Hi again Yorkie1,

I totally agree with mdt... your dish seems to be moving West when you are selecting Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E

Try this mate...

First... move your dish to Astra 1N/2A/2F at 28.2°E

Next... confirm that your receiver/motor has definitely moved your dish correctly to this satellite position... have a look at the TV channels... make sure they are right... you can now say (without doubt) that this position is your closest confirmed satellite to Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E

You are now about 10.0° away from Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E

Press 'Menu'
'Installation'
Press 'OK'
'Motorized Setting'
Press 'OK'
Go to 'Satellite'
Press 'OK'
Drop-down box appears
Select 'Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E'
Press 'OK'
Go to 'Transponder'
Press 'OK'
Drop-down box appears
Select '11.052(V)30.000'
Press 'OK'
Go to 'DiSEqC Motor'
Press 'OK'
Drop-down box appears
Select '1.2'
Go to 'Move'

Use the 'Volume' controls (◄) / (►) to locate the new frequency/satellite
On my set-up the 'Volume' (◄) moves the dish to the East (but yours may be different)
Move your dish slowly to the 'East' one step at a time
Keep moving 'East' until you see the first signs of the signal
Go to 'Move Fine'
Use the 'Volume' controls (◄) / (►) again
Move your dish slowly to the 'East' one step at a time to fine tune the signal

When you have successfully located the transponder/frequency and peaked the signal readings...

Go to 'Save'
Press 'OK'
'Settings were changed - Do you want to save?'
Select 'Yes'

DO NOT USE THE RED BUTTON IN THIS MENU TO SEARCH TRANSPONDERS/CHANNELS !!!

Press 'Exit'
Go to 'Advanced Search'
Press 'OK'
Go to 'Transponder'
Press 'OK'
Drop-down box appears
Select '11.052(V)30.000'
Press 'OK'
Go to 'Search Type'
Press 'OK'
Drop-down box appears
Select 'All Channels'
Go to 'Network Search'
Press 'OK'
Drop-down box appears
Select 'OFF'
Press the 'Red' button

All TV/Radio channels on that transponder/frequency will now download

Press 'Exit'
Go to 'Motorized Setting'
Press 'OK'
Go to 'DiSEqC Motor'
Press 'OK'
Drop-down box appears
Select 'USALS'
Press 'Exit'
'Settings were changed - Do you want to save?'
Select 'Yes'

Exit all menus and you should now have Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E channels on screen... then it's just a matter of visiting the following webpage to find all the current transponders on this satellite... and download all the other channels...

FlySat Hellas Sat 2 @ 39° East

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Think what I need to do first is update satellite list and transponders just looked on Thor and it says 1.0w Thor 2/3
How do I update sats on this can get the latest list but how do I enter them

Hi again Yorkie1,

Try this CNDF file mate...

I have been working on the attached file for the last couple of days and I was going to post it later today in the Technomate section... but I might as well post it now... all satellites/transponders are bang up-to-date...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again Yorkie1,

Try this CNDF file mate...

I have been working on the attached file for the last couple of days and I was going to post it later today in the Technomate section... but I might as well post it now... all satellites/transponders are bang up-to-date...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Zorch mate,

As Always Great info, i was going to throw mine up from my DrHD i only scanned it a couple of days ago and has all available channels in but in no order

Regards

Back