320G SATA HDD £40 delivered

cheers pal,
when you say those drives will work perfectly, do you mean that particular drive or sata drives in general?
also i have read that hard drives heat up the box considerably. do you recommend additional cooling?

i was planning on ripping a drive out of my sky box. do you recommend i take the drive out of a subbed box? i might still use the same box for emm updates, what if i replace it with a smaller drive?

Thanks,
CrazyFool

For me personaly I could not do anything with a sky+ hdd. Others may be able to help you with what you need to do but for me I couldnt do a thing with it, even formating could not be done.

hmm thats strange,
in one of his other threads digi managed to take out a 300gb hdd from a faulty sly box and make it work in the tm600.
but then again, thats digi lol

I had a Seagate 320gb Sata drive in my machine and it ran very hot, I then changed it to a Western Digital Green Drive and it was noticeably cooler than the original one. You can't remove the existing drive from your Sky HD box and then use the Sky HD box to update the card as the receiver will just sit there with the standby light on. You need the drive in it for it to work, some hard drives out of Sky receivers will work in other receivers it all depends on how knackered the drive is. Sky receivers are quite picky when the drive starts to fail, stick the same drive in a PC or another receiver and you may find it will work.

Regards

Liam

I had a Seagate 320gb Sata drive in my machine and it ran very hot, I then changed it to a Western Digital Green Drive and it was noticeably cooler than the original one. You can't remove the existing drive from your Sky HD box and then use the Sky HD box to update the card as the receiver will just sit there with the standby light on. You need the drive in it for it to work, some hard drives out of Sky receivers will work in other receivers it all depends on how knackered the drive is. Sky receivers are quite picky when the drive starts to fail, stick the same drive in a PC or another receiver and you may find it will work.

Regards

Liam

removed the drive from my skyhd box and it boots up fine although it takes longer

Regards

Liam

does that mean i can replace the drive within the sky box with like a 10gb hdd or something and it will still work?

the reason why i am asking is that sky are willing to provide a new box for existing customers that has a 1tb hard drive in it for just £30!!!!!!

Back