OCZ 120GB Solid 3 SSD - 2.5" SATA-III - Read 500MB/s Write 450MB/s --- £48.99

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seen this today on the ebay deals (EBUYER OUTLET).

I know allot of you like the SOLID State hard drives... thought this was a good deal??? (maybe lol)

It has a 3 year manufacturer warranty

OCZ 120GB Solid 3 SSD - 2.5" SATA-III - Read 500MB/s Write 450MB/s | eBay

Here are the Specs:

NOW ONLY £48.99

LIMITED TIME ONLY, WHILST STOCK LASTS!!!

Any way you look at it, solid state drives are faster than HDDs, so why not get the most bang-for-your-buck? OCZ Solid 3 SSDs are designed to provide a superior combination of value and performance, implementing the cutting-edge SATA-III 6Gbps interface to deliver speed that significantly improves your overall computing experience.

In addition to enhanced performance, a Solid 3 upgrade promotes cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives leading to a longer battery life. With no moving parts, SSDs also provide peace of mind with their superior durability and reliability.

Performance

• Max Read - up to 500 MB/s (SATA-III 6Gbps), up to 280 MB/s (SATA-II 3Gbps)
  • Max Write - up to 450 MB/s (SATA-III 6Gbps), up to 260 MB/s (SATA-II 3Gbps)
  • 4KB Random Read - 20,000 IOPS (75 MB/s)
  • 4KB Random Write - 20,000 IOPS (75 MB/s)
  • Sequential Read AS-SSD - 185 MB/s
  • Sequential Write AS-SSD - 125 MB/s
  • 4K Random Read AS-SSD - 23,000 (90 MB/s)
  • 4K Random Write AS-SSD - 33,000 (130 MB/s)

Specifications

NAND Components - Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
Interface - SATA-III/6Gbps (Backwards compatible with SATA-II/3Gbps, but optimized for SATA-111 6Gbps)
Form Factor
- 2.5 Inch
Controller - SandForce 2281
Dimensions (L x W x H) - 99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3 mm
Seek Time - 0.1 ms
Weight - 77g
Power Consumption - Idle: 1.5 Watts, Active: 2.7 Watts
Operating Temperature - 0°C ~ 55°C
Storage Temperature - -45°C ~ 85°C
Shock Resistance - 1500G
Certifications - RoHS, CE, FCC
MTBF - 2 million hours
ECC
Recovery - Up to 55 bits correctable per 512-byte sector (BCH) *varies depending on exact configuration
Product Health Monitoring - Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.)
Serial ATA (SATA) - Fully compliant with Serial ATA International Organization: Serial ATA Revision 3.0. Fully compliant with ATA/ATAPI-8 Standard Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
Operating System - Windows XP 32-Bit and 64-Bit; Windows Vista 32-Bit and 64-Bit; Windows 7 32-Bit and 64-Bit; Mac OS X; Linux
Power Requirements - Standard SATA Power Connector
Performance Optimization - TRIM (requires OS support)
Service & Support - 3-Year Warranty, Toll-Free Tech Support, 24 Hour Forum Support, Firmware Updates

SSD Made Simple

Keep hearing people talking about them, but not sure what on earth they are and more importantly, why should you care? Let us tell you a bit about the new technology that's changing the face of storage.

Solid State Disk – what's that mean then?

A solid state disk is a device that from the outside behaves a lot like any other hard disk. On the inside, however, SSDs are quite different. Regular hard disks rely on spinning magnetic platters, whereas SSDs use the latest flash memory chips as storage... without a single moving part.

What makes an SSD better?

There are three main advantages that SSDs bring over traditional hard disks.

1. SSDs have no moving parts. This means they're not susceptible to same mechanical failures as hard disks. A knock to an SSD will do it no damage.
  2. With no platters to spin, SSDs can use less power than a hard disk, which is great news for laptops and netbooks and also means desktop PCs can be made more efficient.
  3. The biggest benefit is performance. No longer bound by the time it takes to move mechanical parts, SSDs deliver a big leap in read and write speeds. That equates to faster boot times, quicker program launches and less time spent waiting for your desktop / notebook to “think about” doing something.

How does a Desktop / Notebook use an SSD?

An SSD drive has a SATA connection just like most modern hard disks. Plugging it in the same way as you would a hard disk will make it appear to the computer as a storage device. It's then ready to use – simple as that!

How four user groups can really reap the benefits of SSD technology?

1. Travellers & business users

Notebooks, especially smaller models and netbooks tend to have lower performance. Replacing the hard disk with an SSD can help speed things along whilst also extending battery life. Better still, the lack of moving parts in an SSD means it can take a few bumps and knocks with no ill effects.

2. Home user

If you spend more time waiting for things to load than you do actually using them, the performance boost of an SSD drive could be just what you need to get more out of your PC.

3. Gamer

With enormous levels and more graphical detail than real life, there's a
lot of data to fetch when loading games. An SSD will help you spend less time loading maps and more time laying down your awesome skills.

4. Photographer

If you combine an SSD and a hard disk, you can use the SSD for the operating system, applications and as your image editing software's scratch or working area, while the hard disk can be used to store your original and edited photos. With the SSD handling all the intensive stuff, the editing process will be so much quicker.

Aren't there other ways to speed things up?

Yes, there are, but if you want the benefits described above, there are few ways that compare to an SSD. Installing an SSD is THE single most cost effective upgrade you can do for your PC or laptop - It will boost your desktop or laptops performance, speed and efficiency. But couple an SSD with a RAM memory upgrade and watch your machine really fly!!!

Why should I buy an SSD?

• Faster – It’s five times faster than a hard drives and can boost your system - from drastically increased boot up time, to faster internet browsing, to smoother performance when running a variety of applications and programs.
  • Cost efficient - by replacing and upgrading your hard drive, an SSD lets you revive your system without stretching your budget.
  • Reliable - offering increased reliability dropping your notebook no longer means losing your data
  • Silent - Heat generation and background noise is reduced.
  • Guaranteed - three-year warranty with free technical support.

3 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
MTBF: 2,000,000 hour(s)

Internal Data Rate: 500 MBps (read) / 450 MBps (write)
Seek Time: 0.1 ms (average)
Form Factor: 2.5" x 1/8H
Capacity: 120 GB
Interface Type: Serial ATA-600
Features: Multi-level cell (MLC) flash, TRIM support
Compliant Standards: S.M.A.R.T.
Min Operating Temperature: 0 C
Max Operating Temperature: 55 C
OS Required: Linux, Apple MacOS X, Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows XP (32/64 bits)
Compliant Standards: CE, FCC, RoHS
Service & Support: 3 years warranty
Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - 3 years
Interfaces: 1 x Serial ATA-600 - 7 pin Serial ATA
Compatible Bays: 1 x internal - 2.5" x 1/8H

Device Type: Solid state drive - internal
Width: 7 cm
Depth: 10 cm
Height: 9.3 mm
Weight: 77 g

how cheap is that ...............

bargin ................................

i have one in a car pc as the bearings used to freeze up in the winter
as for my desktop wd black drives rock

i have one in a car pc as the bearings used to freeze up in the winter
as for my desktop wd black drives rock

yes mate your right there.. i got a ssd just for my o/s and wd black for my data ;)

r these any good for a main pc ? would i benefit from a sata drive to this ?

r these any good for a main pc ? would i benefit from a sata drive to this ?

Yes most definitely providing your system board supports it (to get full advantage of it's speed) but it shouldn't be used as a general "storage" device, your best bet is to get a mechanical drive if that's what you want.

Yes most definitely providing your system board supports it (to get full advantage of it's speed) but it shouldn't be used as a general "storage" device, your best bet is to get a mechanical drive if that's what you want.

how will i know my board will support this drive ?

how will i know my board will support this drive ?

i think exos means that if your board doesnt support sata 3 the ssd will only run as fast as the lower speeds of sata and sata 2 ....

but aslong as your board supports sata you should be ok .....

i think exos means that if your board doesnt support sata 3 the ssd will only run as fast as the lower speeds of sata and sata 2 ....

but aslong as your board supports sata you should be ok .....

Exactamundo

Price up slightly for 49.98 now..strangely it's better to buy from the main ebuyer site as you get free delivery and the price is the same. From the fleebay ebuyer outlest they charge you 3.33 delivery.

i have the agility 3 and my head nearly popped off the first time i booted with my os installed on it.

great deal, going ssd is the best upgrade you'll ever make.

Spend an extra tenner and get the 120gb sandisk extreme, ocz have a stigma of unreliability.

Sent from my N7

And another good thing about replacing your mechanical drive for an SSD drive in a netbook is that it will extend your battery life by a good couple or three hours.

was going to go for this but picked up a 512 gb one for £117 delivered on egay BNIB

Back