3 Strikes And Your Out (VM)

how would they know what you have been downloading.???

i had my speed throttled to 100k down the other night just after downloading a film.....

i wouldnt worry too much about VM and theyre bullshit 3 strikes policy.
now that car phone warehouse have nailed theyre colours to the mast VM would loose so many customers through this they'd be down the lavvy before xmas.
i know cable gives better performance and all that but if given the choice between slower dl speeds and an ISP thats willing to disconnect you and probably grass you up to the RIAA i know who i'll be subscribing to.
dont forget broadband is VM's cash cow, lets face it they cant be making much from theyre TV service what with all these free loaders with dodgy boxes lol

cant be asked to read all 63 messages sorry if someone else has already said this, but VM have now denied this apparently. No 3 strike policy.

cant be asked to read all 63 messages sorry if someone else has already said this, but VM have now denied this apparently. No 3 strike policy.

not much of a surprise now that the competition has given it a big "**** right off".
more to the point i wonder how many privacy laws Virgins 3 strikes rule would breach .
but they can deny it all they want ...they did say it.

tucking fossers

Last edited:
would cost VM too much money to police someone elses problem and also cost them to warn people off, we all know VM is greedy as f*ck and dont want to looses money or customers
Im not worrying too much about this

At least the Europeans seen sense on this one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7342135.stm
Europe rejects anti-piracy plans

European politicians have voted down calls to throw suspected file-sharers off the net.

The idea to cut off persistent pirates formed part of a wide-ranging report on creative industries written for the European parliament.

But in a narrow vote MEPs backed an amendment to the report which said net bans conflicted with "civil liberties and human rights".

It puts MEPS at odds with governments planning tough action against pirates.

Piracy police

"The vote shows that MEPs want to strike a balance between the interests of rights holders and those of consumers, and that big measures like cutting off internet access shouldn't be used," said a spokeswoman for the European Parliament after the vote.

The amendment was added to the so-called Bono Report on the Cultural Industries. This was written by French MEP Guy Bono to inform forthcoming European parliament policy that would encourage growth in the region's creative industries.

The amendment called on the EC and its member nations to "avoid adopting measures conflicting with civil liberties and human rights and with the principles of proportionality, effectiveness and dissuasiveness, such as the interruption of internet access."

The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), which represents Europe's music industry, said the amendment was "badly drafted" and contradicted the rest of the report.

"We look forward to a full discussion in the European Parliament in the coming months on how best to address copyright theft online," said the IFPI.

The vote has no legal force and leaves national governments free to implement their own anti-piracy plans.

But, said the Open Rights Group, it does "signify resistance" among European law makers to the strict measures that nations such as France are implementing.

In late November 2007 France announced its intention to implement a law that turns net firms into anti-piracy watchdogs.

Information gathered about individuals who persistently share music and movies online will be passed to a government unit that will issue warnings or ask for an individual's net access to be suspended or shut off.

The British government has floated similar plans but net firms have rejected calls for them to act as watchdogs.

fianall politicians with a bit of sense, i bet they are major downloaders with 100 clone modems lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol, what a load of bollocks. I doubt they will do this at all as they lose they will potentially lose thousands of customers and hand them on a plate to competitors as unless it was industry wide there is little point. As Broadband is so cheap nowadays there is always an alternative and with it being their cash cow doubt they can afford any more disconnections.

If by some miracle they can pull this off then am sure there will be plenty of sites and newsgroups with ssl who will promote themselve son this fact.

Good luck, another not so bright idea.

Back