3 Strikes And Your Out (VM)

thats why i have access to the keys :)

This is a stupid idea, cant see it being enforced..

Not really bothered as i dont downloads mp3's.. as for films and tv programs... you got me there :)..

easy way around it would be to download legaly and rip the crap encription off it and burn to disk... bbc iplayer here i come :)

keys??

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

keys??

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

cabs

Just re read the artical on that website..

The way i understand is that BPI will be monitoring people downloading.. proberly by tricking you.. (upload a file - anyone downloading)

Once BPI has your IP or other details they will then pass them onto VM who will send the letters..

I can see a big business in proxy servers opening up... offshore in jersey maybe??

"toddles off to buy property in jersey"

so u can access the green boxes? fancy moving my tab up lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

what would happen if you had broadband with them, and a wifi router, you use it legally but someone is using your bandwidth to download music. you would get your 3 strikes without doing anything wrong or am I just rambling

you would just challenge them woudl u not?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I pay them on average £80 per month.

Guaranteed £80 per month, just under a grand a year.

Hmmm good business sense there LoL.

PSML
Music trade body the BPI is working with Virgin on a pilot which could see dozens of customers sent warning letters.

I'm sure the dozens of people are making chocolate buttons in their jockey shorts :)

simple, join a newsgroup with ssl, should solve the problem, lol :p

Yerp i was jst about to ask will SSL connections on usernet stop the snooping ?

Tbh i think this once again will be mainly going after P2P users, upuntill now usernet has been prity much left out of it.

If this does go and they do go after usernet which is mainly where i dl from then i will be forced to go to puble wifi sites and leech from there instead or worse comes to worse then a bit of wardriving and a flask of coffe is in order lol

this raises 2 many questions like what if the mp3 is in a rar/zip file could they still tell ?

thier own usenet server there are a load of mp3s

imho the whole world has gone illegal mp3 mad there are far more things to worry about in this world than whether some ppl are downloading mp3s

there are sick ppl downloading sick pictures & they worry if were paying for the music, what a world we live in :Mad2:

keys??

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

every1 with a standard bike d-lock key can access the green "ntl area" of virgin media boxes with them. it really annoys them as ppl where i live just reconnect the connections them selves or split some1 elses connection and runs it through there line in the boxes. only reason this is possioble is because ntl back in the day put lil white stickers on the cables saying what address each line connected to.

Last edited:
Tbh i think this once again will be mainly going after P2P users, upuntill now usernet has been prity much left out of it.

any1 with any sense will know this is another attempt to kill off bittorrent and that will be the only place the files will show up.

this raises 2 many questions like what if the mp3 is in a rar/zip file could they still tell ?

thier own usenet server there are a load of mp3s

imho the whole world has gone illegal mp3 mad there are far more things to worry about in this world than whether some ppl are downloading mp3s

there are sick ppl downloading sick pictures & they worry if were paying for the music, what a world we live in :Mad2:

agree with u 100% :Clap:

is the encryption in utorrent no good then?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

been using giganews encrypted ssl since it became available - walking advert for it here in my opinion.

tbc

is the encryption in utorrent no good then?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I thought the whole point of the encryption in utorrent was so that the ISP could not tell you were using P2P software and throttle your connection ? Have I missed something ?

i'm in the same boat as u wixy mate, the encryptions there for something

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

What about the guys with cloned modems? Surely it wont matter to them? they could use programs like utorrent and if they get banned they could just change their mac? Also i read on another forum that there was a paedophile ring operating on a newsgroup with SSL, they got them and i'm glad these bast*rds can't hide behind SSL! VM are able to track you regardless. I'm sticking with utorrent VM can go they f*ck themselves they get enough money out of me!

Cheers

Al

Last edited:
i was going to ask the utorrent question but its been covered goin to look in to ssl tho....apart from that i think i'll just carry on as normal

Back