3.7 Funcard & Atmega guide on how to fix

My Pace in excw has updated to 3.7 and my ATMega card stopped working. Did a fun and that works fine but having read loads of threads on here I can't get the ATMega working.

I keep on getting a your card isn't inserted message, in the Eng menu I get a Mute Err but 10 or so minutes later it goes to OK but the card not inserted message keeps on appearing every few seconds or so. Channels also won't clear.

Now this is embarrassing as I thought I knew what I was doing but anybody have any ideas? Not the end of the world I know but am intrigued as to why the ATMega won't play ball. It looks like the box doesn't like the card as when the please insert the correct card message appears if I remove the card when I put the card the message doesn't go away but put the fun in and the message goes away.

this is brill and will make a few of my mates happy to get the funs back up and running till "d day" well done m8 :proud:

My Pace in excw has updated to 3.7 and my ATMega card stopped working. Did a fun and that works fine but having read loads of threads on here I can't get the ATMega working.

I keep on getting a your card isn't inserted message, in the Eng menu I get a Mute Err but 10 or so minutes later it goes to OK but the card not inserted message keeps on appearing every few seconds or so. Channels also won't clear.

Now this is embarrassing as I thought I knew what I was doing but anybody have any ideas? Not the end of the world I know but am intrigued as to why the ATMega won't play ball. It looks like the box doesn't like the card as when the please insert the correct card message appears if I remove the card when I put the card the message doesn't go away but put the fun in and the message goes away.

Did you just reflash your atmega mate or did you use a toxic or rom 11 image for external and then flash.
Im in Pure and had no issues with funs or atmegas but helped a few with atmegas and a few have has issues like your having.
One guy has exactly same problem as you.Fun went ok but using same external it didnt work.
Another said he gave up on the atmega put in a fun and it worked then put the atmega in some time after rebooted and it worked yet atmega on iys own wont work.Its almost like he needed fun to boot the atmega,weird aint it.

Andy,

Did you just reflash your atmega mate or did you use a toxic or rom 11 image for external and then flash.
Im in Pure and had no issues with funs or atmegas but helped a few with atmegas and a few have has issues like your having.
One guy has exactly same problem as you.Fun went ok but using same external it didnt work.
Another said he gave up on the atmega put in a fun and it worked then put the atmega in some time after rebooted and it worked yet atmega on iys own wont work.Its almost like he needed fun to boot the atmega,weird aint it.

Andy,

This is what he put in his email to me,if he sees it i hope you dont mind its for a good cause.

neither work on its own m8. if i put the atmega in and power the box up from the mains it wont work, just a blank screen. if i put the fun in and pwer the box from the mains it wont work either, get the smartcard not inserted msg.

so like i said, i put the atmega, booted from mains and left it for 15mins or so, then took it out and put the fun in without booting from the mains or anything and channels were on. thats what i can understand??

well im at my dads sunday i'll let u know how i get on he has a sammy 2100c and an atmega i just just flashed nothing else like with funs i have no more funs to try if not.

Yes I used the same Toxic7 created exteep for both the fun and atmega, the fun clears but the atmega comes up with card not inserted messages tried with CAMID starting with 27 and AC, tried changing the rights and expiry dates etc...

I suppose it could be that the cards dead or has died.

Is there or was there a thread on how or what the fix for 3.7 was/is? I know the cable scene is due to end soon but I'm still interested in what needed to be changed to get the cards running for 3.7.

hi m8, its been a while :)

i have a fair understanding of the issues brought upon by the 3.7 update thanks to various contributors

top and bottom of it is,..... the serial comms and where the start bit is picked up by the interrupt routine.
im not sure if you are familiar with serial comms, but there is a "sweet spot" where sampling should occur, there is probably 6 or 7 clock cycles either side of the "sweet spot". the further from this sweet spot the sampling becomes more unpredicatble.
As a result, the interrupt can, and does fire at a time when the sampling is done outside of the "sweet spot" and where the reading is not accurate

also, there has been some fixes based on the ICP (input capture pin) which i dont think all cards support. maybe your atmega card is one that has not got the ICP enabled and the fix your trying to use is utilising this interrupt

ok guys
in ex c/w portsmouth have redone card with redneck8b have done a fresh toxic file with cam id begining with 27, i get the free channels only, any ideas.

ok guys
in ex c/w portsmouth have redone card with redneck8b have done a fresh toxic file with cam id begining with 27, i get the free channels only, any ideas.

It appears that some makes of atmega cards are not working with the new software. See mustard's post for an explanation.

It would help if, anyone who has a problem card could state the make of the card as this would help identify what the problem is.

I have failed, when using a Cam ID, to get an atmega or funcard not to update in a pure area and see that most failures are coming from exC&W and TW areas. If you know otherwise, then please post details.

James

Thankyou this guide got my fun7 back on by just updating the flash

It took longer to get my dynamite working in 64bit windows 7

haggiso

hi m8, its been a while :)

i have a fair understanding of the issues brought upon by the 3.7 update thanks to various contributors

top and bottom of it is,..... the serial comms and where the start bit is picked up by the interrupt routine.
im not sure if you are familiar with serial comms, but there is a "sweet spot" where sampling should occur, there is probably 6 or 7 clock cycles either side of the "sweet spot". the further from this sweet spot the sampling becomes more unpredicatble.
As a result, the interrupt can, and does fire at a time when the sampling is done outside of the "sweet spot" and where the reading is not accurate

also, there has been some fixes based on the ICP (input capture pin) which i dont think all cards support. maybe your atmega card is one that has not got the ICP enabled and the fix your trying to use is utilising this interrupt

Hmmm, any ideas which bit of code I need to look at for the atmega?

got it going used the atmega 3.7 fix insted of the redneck all ok now.

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?

Created an atmega card with redneck8b and I just get a black screen. No errors about the card being wrong

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?

Created an atmega card with redneck8b and I just get a black screen. No errors about the card being wrong

Blank black screen and being able to change channels like 511 to 512 is a good sign.
The card is probably updating so give it 10 mins.

Andy.

Blank black screen and being able to change channels like 511 to 512 is a good sign.
The card is probably updating so give it 10 mins.

Andy.

I've left it on all night. Still the same. I'm baffled. I've just re-written the card again and see what happens

Just to add that when I leave it on a black screen channel I then get "This channel isn't available at the moment"

Last edited:
I've left it on all night. Still the same. I'm baffled. I've just re-written the card again and see what happens

Ive had that before when a digit is wrong with the ird.
Take it you created external with toxic and flashed with redneck8b??
There is also another flash for 3.7 atmega.
Which area you in mate??

Andy.

IRD and BK are definately correct

Set Cam ID to 27 12 34 56

Created new external with Toxic 7 and flashed with Redneck8b

I'm in exC&W

IRD and BK are definately correct

Set Cam ID to 27 12 34 56

Created new external with Toxic 7 and flashed with Redneck8b

I'm in exC&W

See a few posts up the page. alanpg1 managed to get his going by changing the flash from the Redneck8b to the other 3.7 C&W flash.

James

Back