3.40 probs with mine

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
downloaded a game called pocket pool...anyway it wouldnt work so i went into recovery menu and when i clicked on configuration the blue screen stayed on with no writing then it turned of,,,has anyone else had this,,,,i am going to downgrade and start again and see if it is alright

thinking of going back to 3.30oe till the bugs are ironed out in the update if one comes out lol

Last edited:
i just got pocket pool today mate. will try it now and see if the same happens.

just downgraded to 1.5 and back up to 3.40oe and went into the recovery menu and clicked on configuration and it went blue with no writing then went of,,,i think i will go back to 3.30oe now,3.40 seems a big buggy

pocket pool working ok for me bro and the recovery menu still.

however i have read about the recovery menu blue screen of death issue and if i remember i think custom icons was mentioned, could this be the cause? ive not tried customizing mine yet so i dont know. was mentioned in the thread here but not read it all propperly : recovery BSOD

didnt have custom icons the second time round,,anyway gone back down to 1.50 and going back to 3.30oe...its strange it only seems to be a problem for some people,,what installer did you use

i used this installer 3.40oe-a installer

im not clued up on custom icons etc but even after flashing is it possible some of customizing was left behind? or is this wiped when flash0 is formatted?

downloading pocket pool now bro
ive try it out and will leave custom icons on
and let u know how i get on

i used this installer 3.40oe-a installer

im not clued up on custom icons etc but even after flashing is it possible some of customizing was left behind? or is this wiped when flash0 is formatted?

i will have one more try using this one and see if it any different

cheers,wasnt so much bothered about the game it was the fact that i couldnt go into advanced and change the settings as it just froze

and maybe some of the flash was left behind i am not sure

tryed that one of yours kryton and it is still the same when i try advanced in recovery menu,,,i am going back to 3.30 till the bugs are ironed ou in 3.40oe,,,,i guess i will have to be one step behind you guys for a while lol

Strange problem! hope i dont get it LOL.

i would try the recovery when you get back to 3.30oe and see if it's ok then.

BTW did you set the kernal to 1.5 when using the installer? dont know if that would make a difference or not.

the only thing i can think of is when i am on 1.50 the region may be set to japanese and when i flash to 3.40 it must be still in japanese because that may explain why it is f**king up,will try again lol and check the region in 1.50

cant check region in 1.50 lol its got no recovery menu

Last edited:
the only thing i can think of is when i am on 1.50 the region may be set to japanese and when i flash to 3.40 it must be still in japanese because that may explain why it is f**king up,will try again lol and check the region in 1.50

did you make a backup of your flash0/1 before you messed with custom stuff?

yep i sure did,,anyway someone posted on maxconsole forums this

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
Ok, thanks .. the buttons are now reimplemented but another problem I just noticed, wtf man.

I can't access configuration in recovery menu, everything else works but when I mark the config menu in recovery menu and press X the whole screen turns into the backround and stays like that which forces me to turn off the PSP, hmm?

yea this happened to me too erase the config.se from flash1 (flash1:\\config.se)
you can access flash1 by going to advance->toggle flash1 usb.. hope this helps

you gonna give this a go?
strange how it dosent happen to all psp's though.

i dont know,i am not to sure about erazing anything lol especially when its of one guy with a 40 post count lol,,,just going to take the dog for a walk and think about it

would it make a difference if its a jap or uk models of psp

i am now on 3.10oe and it is doing the sme thing,the only thing i can thinkg of is a flashed it with a custom gameboot the other day and that is what is causing it

can anybody upload me a backup of thee flash0 and flash1 folders so i can have a look and see if there is any difference,,,,,if you are on 3.40oe and not modified it in any way

thanks

i took a gamble and erased the config.se from flash1 (flash1:\\config.se)

and hey presto it worked lol,,,,,what a day this has been u learn something new

now to pimp it back up again

Last edited:
nice 1 bro , im downloading the pocket pool c how i get on.

Back