Game

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I never really realised until today just how much they are complete and utter f**tard, ars****e, arrogant, waste of space, lying pieces of money grabbing sh**s they are in GAME until today. I was never really a fan of Game and was quite took back when they took over Gamestation and then subsequently turned it into the same over inflated prices and crap service you could expect.

It may seem trivial and a relatively small amount but it's more so the principle of the thing that bugs me. I shall refer to the stores concerned as Store A and B, there is a C, but it's not even worth mentioning and simply comes down to arrogant, pi$$ poor attitude (why is it they seem to only employ the dregs of the earth which the communicative skills of a small herd of badgers?)

So a few weeks ago I needed a component cable for my daughters Wii, had it a while but changed the TV which didn't have SCART, and it was probably about time too. GAME showed online they had them for £4.99 so thinks to myself I'll trundle off to Store A which is local to me and pick one up.......

Goes into the store and has a look around, nothing, nada except PS3 and Xbox cables (same as online). Asks one of the attendants and she basically tells me they don't sell Wii Cables, but they do do a "GAME" branded one which is universal across all consoles for £13.99 which I can have, so naturally thinking a fiver is probably sufficient I walk out, also trying to comprehend how she tried to work out they don't sell them, also telling her that they have them on their website. On the way out I notice they have the official 360 Play N Charge Kits for £9.99, makes a mental note before I get my replacement console.

So the following week I goes into Store B, while I'm out and about doing other things to pick up the play and charge kit I'd seen. I asks the assistant as I can't see any around and he tells me they don't sell them and never have (also cites the £9 in the other store, but doesn't phase him), he also tells me all their prices have gone back up, but also making a point of saying they only sell GAME branded ones, but if I spend over £8 or something I get £2 off, or something stupid like that. After the till attendant farts about with £1.25 of tat and the £7.99 GAME branded Play and Charge Kit (because no official ones are to be seen), she tells me it actually comes out dearer, how I have no idea (£7.99+£1.25-£2.00 ???) I pay the £7.99 and walks out....

So I'm looking on the site later that night having curiosity gotten the better of me and there they are, wii cable, £4.99 and official Play and Charge £9.99, also takes the opportunity to look at the GAME branded reviews and basically quite a mixed response, but on the whole, don't hold charge and struggle with the connection to the controller sometimes. So thinks to myself, for the £2 extra will go back in to STORE A and replace it.

Following day, has the house up because I can't find the receipt. I decides can't really be any issue I'm just exchanging it, and only got it yesterday.

Goes into STORE A again, oh look "Official MS Play and Charge Kits, £9.99", GAME Store B are obviously talking out there ar$e, so asks the guy if I can exchange it, explains I don't have the receipt, says not problem, but it's an extra £5, I'm like what? eh, it should be only £2. He then tells me that they are only £4.99 and have been all week, so at this point I'm thinking hold the f*** up here tonto the guy in GAME Store B charged me full whack. He starts to try to argue the point when I ask him to call the other store to confirm their price.....he refuses, then goes to speak to his manager, mumbles something, I hear her say about the receipt and he comes back and basically gives me a story about how I could have bought it 3 months ago, not that it matted it was in a GAME branded box, with a sodding £7.99 sticker on it. I walks out, highly aggrieved and agitated (granted I didn't have the receipt but would it have really been too much trouble just to confirm the price with the other store)

So...I'm in STORE A today.

GAME Branded Play and Charge Kit. £14.99, reduced ON SALE @ £11.99........... (Yes the same one I bought at £7.99 from one store, they had on sale for £4.99 at another store and here it is now REDUCED to £11.99!!!)

GAME Branded Wii Component Cable £6.29

Go Figure.

Last edited:
Back