2nd sky box

jadejack

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi lads iv got sky downstairs but just bin given a box of my mate so was wondering if i was to set this box up upstairs wud i b able to recieve free channels or wud i av to pay sky a multiroom fee thanks

If it's got a card in it you should be able to get the FTV channels (BBC1, 2, ITV, CH4, 5, Sky3 + many more. Even it hasn't got a card you should be able to get lots of channels for free, to many to mention, unlike Virgin.

hi lads iv got sky downstairs but just bin given a box of my mate so was wondering if i was to set this box up upstairs wud i b able to recieve free channels or wud i av to pay sky a multiroom fee thanks

mate what you could do which i did and it cost me £20 to do from maplins is buy a splitter downstairs and it turns your sky dedecated cable to two and then have one cable to your tv and run the other one upstairs, it may sound hard but its easy as 123. give it a go

You could also phone Sky, and request a 2nd card for £15.00, you will only receive the FTA channels, but its worth it if you are getting a crappy reception on the anologe?

You could also phone Sky, and request a 2nd card for £15.00, you will only receive the FTA channels, but its worth it if you are getting a crappy reception on the anologe?

I thought the Freesat card was £20.

the freesat card only unlocks chan4, five, five US, five life and sky three

all others are free to view and can be recieved with no card

If it's the new box then a splitter will not work. I have already tried it. Older modles the spliter might work for tho. Other then that you will need to ring sky and for an extra £15 they will give you multi room. HOWEVER, they will also charge you £110 one off payment for a new box as they do not re-activate old boxes.

@hazard.

If you put a new card in an old RX and do a new install from the 0,1,enter menu it mates the new card with the box and it will work.

afpe45.

Back