28.2/5e picons/usb dtt tuner

mdt

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys, im going to replace my tm600 with a dm800hd pro clone and am in the process of setting the clone up... so far ive tried a few different images and have settled on NEWENIGMA 2 V3-2-1 SSL#82 by RAMI MAHER and have installed sgtflipflops e2 bouquets for 28.2/5e. i understand that i need a external usb stick for the picons and epg cache and have got a 4gb for the job. ivetried to ftp the picons into media/usb/picon but there isnt a picon directory there(do i have to create one?) are there any tuts around on setting up this type of system?.. or is it acase of trial and error like my e1 dm500. i would also like to add a usb/dtt tuner for the freeview channels so could anybody recommend one (cheap as possible) which is known to work on the dm800 clone running newenigma/correct drivers ect. i am trying to get my head around E2 so when i set my vu+duo up in the near future i have a basic idea of what i need to do. as always thanks guys, regards mdt

Just make a folder in the usb stick called picon, then ftp the picons across to it, also the win nova usb tuner works as does a kworld 395u, i don't know if if there is drivers for them in the newenigma image, but they both work on a dm800. The kworld tuner is only about £11 on amazon, the win nova one is more expensive. When you set up the epg, just tell it to use the usb stick rather than hard drive/flash memory.

Just make a folder in the usb stick called picon, then ftp the picons across to it, also the win nova usb tuner works as does a kworld 395u, i don't know if if there is drivers for them in the newenigma image, but they both work on a dm800. The kworld tuner is only about £11 on amazon, the win nova one is more expensive. When you set up the epg, just tell it to use the usb stick rather than hard drive/flash memory.

firstly welcome to dw! unfortunatley telling me to make a folder in the usb stick is beyond me at the moment as i havent got a clue were e2 is concerned thats why i was asking for a tut. how do i initiaize the usb stick? how to i mount the usb stick. is newenigma2 ok for what im trying to do or is there a better img. theres nothing like a linux stb to make you relise that in reality you know sweet fa. regards mdt

finally sorted the picons(changed img to BH dreamelite 133)and added some picons from the server then overwrote them, now for the epg! regards mdt

Back