2110 Netid in exC&W area?

Bammy
hi mate am new to this site so pleaes bare with me...
ave doen teh talkback on this 2110 now and can't seem to find the 24C1024 chip where is it located and what does it look like...??? can i get a another one from maplins you think???
am in ex cw too i ave got a paired card for this 2110 and its seems cool so far....u reckon if i try to funcard it to setnet id it will work??? or will i have to replace this chipp

cheers any help will be appreciated

thanks

bammy said:
Not sure what I did but it's now working!! The funcard didn't seem to set the netid but I put it on stream (with the funcard inserted) and all of a sudden the netid was set. It appeared to go through a firmware update but on inspection it's still on Langley firmware (3.3L) - any Bromley users noticed this as well?

Is the chip a straight soldering exchange/swop out?is it within an awkward part of the board.

It's just a straight swap out with a new blank chip (or erase the old one if you've got the right kit). It's an 8-pin surface mount chip which you'll need to remove with hot air. You won't get the replacement at Maplins but farnell have them (finally back in stock).

bammy said:
It's just a straight swap out with a new blank chip (or erase the old one if you've got the right kit). It's an 8-pin surface mount chip which you'll need to remove with hot air. You won't get the replacement at Maplins but farnell have them (finally back in stock).

Thanks,glad your sorted,been waiting for an update on this project.

http://uk.farnell.com - if you go to this site and search for 24c1024 you will find two variants, a standard DIL and a surface mount - you want the surface mount type.

It's not directly behind the ethernet port, but (big clue) it has 24c1024 stamped on the top

Last edited:
jus want to ask a tiny question, What if the net id set alredy do u still need to change this chip,coz ive got everything done, but wenever i put a card in, it freezes, ive removed all four resistors r413/414 c427/c428,, and i still dont get anything jus da basic bbc1 bbc2

well well well....
ave not resetted any chip as yet....but when i went into the engineers menu i was allowed to change the netid from teh engineers menu itself without having to do it via the funcard way....
the box is up and running but the problem is that how can i tell the talk back is removed as i dont have any flasin lights and secondly i can't go into PPV ....neither can i see any menus when i change channels etc... ??

That would suggest the box has never been on stream, as Samsungs leave the factory in this state (with firmware which allows the netid to be set) and then take a firmware update once on stream which disables this feature. Are you sure you have the correct BK for this box? If the box has never been on stream it's doubtful you will have the correct info off the card. Sorry, just re-read your post... I'll get me coat :(

yeah i think ure right cuz althjough i can set the netid using my remote i can't get a picture with teh bk i have got from the card. So back to the drawing board. so i guess i have to wait till the jtag for this is out. damn!! fote i was nearly there

Even when you get the correct bk, you might not be quite home & dry - mine's now working BUT it's still on Langley firmware and won't update to Bromley - the effect of which seems to be that the TV guide doesn't work properly (shows now & next but not the full schedule) - is there anyone running a 2110 in exC&W who can confirm what CR version they have on their box?

Back