2110 Netid in exC&W area?

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Finally got my 2110 after longer than expected delay, anyway I confirmed that the box had been subscribed, I unlocked the card and the IRD & BK look genuine :) so now I need to erase / reset the netid as I'm in ex C&W area.

Looks like quite a few members have these boxes running now, so anyone in the C&W area able to help? I've read there is a modded funcard method which is not yet public, can anyone pm me on this? Thanks for any help, would love to get this box up and running

Thanks to CryptCrew a new Fun NetId has been public for the last few days. It has been modified to work on any of the normal cable boxes !

didn't i read you have erase a chip in the 2110 first ??

OK thanks guys - looks like I need to erase the 24(L)C1024 chip :( I guess this is achievable using a normal progger and some suitable bodging (same chip family as on funcards?)

Bammy my 2110c should be here on Monday hopefully. How would u go about erasing that chip? (24(L)C1024).

ice2004 said:
Bammy my 2110c should be here on Monday hopefully. How would u go about erasing that chip? (24(L)C1024).

Get an adapter to allow you to insert in into a normal DIL socket.

Most programmers do now allow you erase this chip as it does not have a hard erase as such. Fill the buffer with FF's and write that to the chip.

tbh if you don't have the programmer the chip would only be pence lol - think i would just stick a new one in

Having looked at the cost of proggers I was coming to the same conclusion! Just need to find a good source. Will have a trawl and report back.

i have a pal who decodes radios - let me give him a call. i'll report back in a minute.

ok i just got of the phone he say's he can erase it no problem!! if you can't get sorted send it me and i'll have erase it for you and send it back. (last resort LOL) if you get stuck pm me.

Brilliant - and I've even got a corporate Farnell account :) Cheers m8 & thanks also to twobeers for the erase offer.

The surface mount version would likely do the job. Philips control the I2C protocol very tightly and for a chip to diplay that it is compatible it has to be tested by their labs. That means one manufacturers 24C1024 can usually be replaced by another manufacturers version without problem.

Farnell prices do seem a little on the excessive side but I suppose you are paying for the small quantity. These things are usually about 20p in quantity.

You're right nozzer the price is a little steep but for a one off it's not going to break the bank - and it's manufactured by Atmel so is identical to the one on board. Will be very interested to see if the box takes a Bromley update once it's on line (it's currently got Langley CR3.3), as every picture of these boxes seems to have a Langley card (i.e. no purple stripe) - I've seen nothing to suggest these boxes are even being supplied in Bromley areas. Can anyone confirm this?

bammy said:
You're right nozzer the price is a little steep but for a one off it's not going to break the bank - and it's manufactured by Atmel so is identical to the one on board. Will be very interested to see if the box takes a Bromley update once it's on line (it's currently got Langley CR3.3), as every picture of these boxes seems to have a Langley card (i.e. no purple stripe) - I've seen nothing to suggest these boxes are even being supplied in Bromley areas. Can anyone confirm this?

Keep us informed if it works.

I will let you know if it works but won't be for a couple of weeks as off on holiday shortly.

bammy said:
Will be very interested to see if the box takes a Bromley update once it's on line (it's currently got Langley CR3.3), as every picture of these boxes seems to have a Langley card (i.e. no purple stripe) - I've seen nothing to suggest these boxes are even being supplied in Bromley areas. Can anyone confirm this?

They take Bromley firmware quite nicely ;)

Finally got the new 24c1024 but now I can't reset my netid so I guess the BK must have been a faker :( Funny as it didn't start 6D

Anyway, another box to add to the pile of failed projects until another way of getting the BK is worked out :)

Not sure what I did but it's now working!! The funcard didn't seem to set the netid but I put it on stream (with the funcard inserted) and all of a sudden the netid was set. It appeared to go through a firmware update but on inspection it's still on Langley firmware (3.3L) - any Bromley users noticed this as well?

Back