2018 World Cup Chat

Not sure any England player played well enough to stake a claim for a start for the next match
I think it was great management by Southgate almost a win win situation , 1. it gave 9 players a game in the world cup (probably their only oportunity.) 2. They didn't try to lose but in all honesty a defeat was the best overall result

I think it was great management by Southgate almost a win win situation , 1. it gave 9 players a game in the world cup (probably their only oportunity.) 2. They didn't try to lose but in all honesty a defeat was the best overall result
So in other words that's a polite way of saying we was shite. 🤔

So in other words that's a polite way of saying we was shite. 🤔
No not at all mate I honestly think it was a master stroke playing that side, Think of the bigger picture @miggy that defeat has probably increased your chance of winning this ;)

No not at all mate I honestly think it was a master stroke playing that side, Think of the bigger picture @miggy that defeat has probably increased your chance of winning this ;)
I see, so now we have gone from no chance to slim?. We have not played any proper teams yet. The three lions are now three pussycats once again.lol

I was a bit annoyed watching us.
Quite happy with the outcome, we had more than enough chances to win the group.

Kinda glad we didn’t.........[emoji848]

If southgate had put out a stronger team it would have been akin to cutting your nose of to spite your face.

Such a shame we did not play to win, we should of played our best team a win and win every game we play 'In a World Cup you cannot be successful by plotting an easy path' Socrates ;)

Such a shame we did not play to win, we should of played our best team a win and win every game we play 'In a World Cup you cannot be successful by plotting an easy path' Socrates ;)

Whilst I agree with your sentiment Joe, if he'd played his first team and won all the pundits and managers of the past would
have slated him for being naive, that was a no win situation for southgate last night, if and when you do go out, it'll all be blamed on last nights result, damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

If he had played his best team and lost against a weakened Belgium side. I think it would have give the opposition for the next game more confidence for the knockout stage. So I think it was the right decision to play the players he did and end up on the weaker side of draw.

If he had played his best team and lost against a weakened Belgium side. I think it would have give the opposition for the next game more confidence for the knockout stage. So I think it was the right decision to play the players he did and end up on the weaker side of draw.
Legalised cheating for an easy draw? brilliant master plan. So if they all walk with a limp in the next game do you think the Swedes would be kind and let us win m8?.

Legalised cheating for an easy draw? brilliant master plan. So if they all walk with a limp in the next game do you think the Swedes would be kind and let us win m8?.
You lot are never fekin happy lol. I would be delighted if our nation was in that position. Get 100% behind your team and manager ffs. I am and im a jock :)

Its a tournament not one game. They still have a great chance to win this or at least get further than theyve been for a long time and I would love to see them do it. Will they? I dont know but I cant see nothing to be scared of. If he'd played his best team and some of the "stars" got injured last night. i.e. Kane, imagine the slating he would have got this morning. When he was made manager I actually laughed. Well I aint laughing now. good luck to you , I sincerely hope you go all the way.

You lot are never fekin happy lol. I would be delighted if our nation was in that position. Get 100% behind your team and manager ffs. I am and im a jock :)
You are NOT allowed to support England cupcake lol ;)
you cannot pick & choose who to support when it suits you :p

Back