2 clines from different servers Will This work???

gersrt

Inactive User
Reaction score
2 clines from different servers Will This work?

HI

Im using a cline at the moment, and getting a lot of freezing on 28.2.

I was just wondering if I was to get another cline from another server and used both together, could this cut down on the freezing.

What I was thinking was if the dm800 could somehow pick the best line at any given second, surely this would help. As long as the ecm times where good on one of the lines at the given moment.

If what im saying is confusing, pls let me know.

And any help as always much appriciated.

If the second C line is better why ot ditch te first c line and have just the one?
CCcam will look or a line, if the line works, it will play it. if it doesnt work it will go to the next line.
Its not a case that it will put the signal of both the lines together and combine the signal.
Also worth checking the dish is aligned properly.

as above but in a few simple lines lol,

it will use the fastest one, it wont use them together but it will switch between them so use both.

Thats what I meant, will it always use the faster of the 2 at any given second. If thats the case, it should cut down on freezing, provided the ecm time on one of the lines is below 400ms at that particular second. I would have hoped that if you where using 2 moderate lines, they would hopefully not have high ecm times, at the exact same time

sometimes the switching between the two is what causes the glitching.

try it if ones faster all the time it will just use that one and hopefully it wont jump on you.

there are ways to use two lines but tell ccam to ignore certain providers if you find it jumping between them all the time.

if yours is jumping at the minute then id say try get another line and test.

as above but in a few simple lines lol,

it will use the fastest one, it wont use them together but it will switch between them so use both.

As noted in my post this morning https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/252707/

For me CCcam just picks the first line it finds in CCcam.cfg which is active and does not pick the fastest one. I had to manually put my fastest line first in the file to make it over-rule my slow pay server.

Last edited by a moderator:
As noted in my post this morning https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/252707/

For me CCcam just picks the first line it finds in CCcam.cfg which is active and does not pick the fastest one. I had to manually put my fastest line first in the file to make it over-rule my slow pay server.

i agree.... but as far as i know here only has one server at present anyway so hes not having switching problems,

theres an awful lot of things to try and play with with more than one line but i didnt want to confuse the situation, he could also set one of his servers to not provide him with certain packages he has problems with ect.....

Yes that is correct, I am paying for one server at the moment, and its very glitchy, but I have tried alot of servers and they can all be glitchy at times.

Thats why I was going to take a chance and buy two clines, one from another server and see if it would get better, I mean i can't see the glitching happening too often at the exact same time, on both servers. So I would need cccam to change lines really fast to use the fastest one at every given second.

Easier said than done finding a good one. I've found it extremely difficult to find one that doesn't have 'good and bad days'. I've forked out literally thousands for my AV setup and it's dawned on me that a bad day with a couple of glitches evey few mins was ruining the entire expensive experience - even if it was well behaved most days. Therefore I'm in the process of just establishing my own server which I'm going to share privately to friends and family to cover costs - and maybe try exchange for a few euro cards. I eventually want to have 4 boxes in my house (have got 2 at the min) so even if I didn't share elsewhere I'd make my money back on the hardware and setup in multiroom savings eventually.

Yes that is correct, I am paying for one server at the moment, and its very glitchy, but I have tried alot of servers and they can all be glitchy at times.

Thats why I was going to take a chance and buy two clines, one from another server and see if it would get better, I mean i can't see the glitching happening too often at the exact same time, on both servers. So I would need cccam to change lines really fast to use the fastest one at every given second.

Better still don't pay the scum of the eatrh W+++++s, get your own card and share that.

If you use payservers you deserve what you get.

Back