1500ci Network

fezzy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am totally out of my depth here, but here goes. I have a 1500ci. I also have a Dreambox 7020 , which is networked via ethernet and was helped hell of a lot by
Devilfish. ( cheers )

Now my question - I have no more spare ethernet ports on my home hub , as i
also have BT Vision, but i have spare usb ports, can these be made to network
through the 1500 to the Dreambox ?? I have been told it can be done ( mix and
matching usb and ethernet ) but its very hard to combine them both. The other
thing is , would the dream box and 1500 work side by side. Like i said , i ain,t got a clue , so if someone could enlighten me i would be grateful.

Cheers

Fezzy

have a read of the sssp sticky m8

is can be done, but is a right pain in the arse to get going. i sat down for about 4 days to get a 1500 to access a skycard in a dreambox, just to say i did it lol

Hi Digi

So you reckon i should leave well alone then ????

fezzy

i did it more or less as proof that it 'could' be done, the hard bit is getting the sssp client on your pc thats connected to the technomate to talk to the cardserver in the dreambox, and depending how the dreambox and your network is setup would depend how you went about getting it connected

a simpler way would be to buy a 2nd dreambox (just a 500 would do) and a small network hub (i get 8 way ones off ebay for £15 delivered)

Hi Again Digi

I was asking about networking , as at the moment , i,m in a bit of a quandrie , as
now that i have networked the 7020 , which i,m proud of . I,m just wondering what
to do next. Any idea,s ??? I know there,s lots you can do on the dream, i just want
to go steady away and find my way round basically.

Fezzy

Merry Xmas Guys,,,:nopity:

ok m8, you have a 7020 and a TM1500, is that right?

for the TM to be networked it needs to be connected to a PC or laptop via a null modem cable for the entire time you want to connect to a network (or share) and the PC has to be running the sssp client programme

you can use your dreambox to access the DW radio station, it can access the headers of threads from DW, you can use your computer to access your dreambox to send text messages to the TV set

lots of things m8

Hi

Thats what i needed to know, i know a lot is in the stickies, where would i get other
idea,s from ?

I don,t think i,ll go down the TM8 route, i don,t know enouth , but thanks anyway.

Thanks Digi.

Fezzy

Back