143 bhp tdi can it be chipped

He hasnt got a scooby, he has a damn Audi !!!!

Do you work for Subaru or K&N - must be one of them ??
lol speed demon not im thinking ov getting rid ov the scooby but this thread is interesting as a few years ago i used to have a 320i BMW but Audi has blown me away in looks especially the a4 cabriolet and its tdi engine hummm bmw or audi??

l had a passat chipped to 190 break and it was great and because it was ecu chipped they have to stand on the warranty because there is no way they can tell because the file name in the ecu is the same as the original name ..

l have a passat chipped to 190 break and it was great and because it was ecu chipped they have to stand on the warranty because there is no way they can tell because the file name in the ecu is the same as the original name ..

thats the idea m8 and what im after

l had a passat chipped to 190 break and it was great and because it was ecu chipped they have to stand on the warranty because there is no way they can tell because the file name in the ecu is the same as the original name ..
fook i wished that was the case with the ecutec 290

thats the idea m8 and what im after

Be warned, if they did look, they can see a remap.

Very doubtful they would, but not as "invisible" as people think.

If you go with Greenlight Insurance, they will add on your remap for free (great modified car insurance company).

If you go with Greenlight Insurance, they will add on your remap for free (great modified car insurance company).

more good info cheers

that's a real good point and needs to be taken in to account

l had a customer that bought a car in Coventry and it was chipped out of its brains , l drove it at it was silly , it was smokin when pulling off ( they do anyway a little ) but this was bad and the turbo was starting to leak , the garage he got it from had it back and it went to the vw agent in Coventry and they said they tested it and thought it might be but could said if it was they would only fit a new ecu //

the garage got a guy out and he found the old file saved in the ecu under old lol and restored it

and as soon as the garage told him this he said he was taking them to trading standards and they returned his money . because the add said its was a 110 break so he had them on that

l had a customer that bought a car in Coventry and it was chipped out of its brains , l drove it at it was silly , it was smokin when pulling off ( they do anyway a little ) but this was bad and the turbo was starting to leak , the garage he got it from had it back and it went to the vw agent in Coventry and they said they tested it and thought it might be but could said if it was they would only fit a new ecu //

the garage got a guy out and he found the old file saved in the ecu under old lol and restored it

and as soon as the garage told him this he said he was taking them to trading standards and they returned his money . because the add said its was a 110 break so he had them on that
if an ecu is miss matched to the requirements and the engin fails at any point ie bad starting will it not go in to limp mode??

your audi can be chipped i guess it has a tiptronic box

a generic map will be cheaper than a custom map ,as obviously more work is involved
you can also get a switchable map so you have normal and custom maps in the ecu

yes audi can detect a mapped ecu ,but unless you were to go in with the car for a new turbo every six months they wont even check .

and a good remapper would swap your map back to the original for you in times like this .

also a decent remapper will offer you a money back guarantee if you arent satisfied with the remap .

you will see decreased mpg no matter what you hear as the car is obviously doing something it wasent intended to do from factory

saying that a good remapper will only take your remap up to the safest parameters , any more than that and your on your own .

for a 2 litre tdi expect around a 30/35 bhp increase
for a 2.5 tdi you should safely get 50 bhp more

my brother owns a vw independant garage in south yorkshire ive seen passats with 140,000 miles on them get a remap

it makes a tired engine work like new

current car audi a3 tdi 140 with hybrid turbo/custom exhaust running @ 214 bhp/367 lb torque

Last edited:
Personally, i would be looking at increasing the torque rather than just the bhp as you will get more grunt. Also, depends why you want it. you be doing drag races? lol or just for the fun of it?

also, be prepared to upgrade other parts cos sometimes the extra load on the clutch or breaks and so on can be too much. they were designed to a limit...the standard parts.

but in saying all that, the VAG TDI engine is probably one of the best to get remapped and its a solid engine as smirnoff will tell you.

Back