10e on 80cm?

What's the best way of testing to see if I have the right keys?? How do I compare? rather than just go on file date/time stamp

Go onto said channel and load up MGcamd and start that cam, Although if the install of the cams and keys are correct CCcam should read the key file anyway

I didn't know there was a difference?

Can you explain how it all fits together?

Timbo you will have to do what everyone has to do and read how this works from your post Biss keys are working which leaves only the Softcam.key file which is located in /usr/keys

Open up the Softcam.key file and look for the Iderto2 Bulsat keys and then all you have to do is locate a working key which there are numerous places that have them and then just copy and paste them in save the file and restart simple as that.

Aren't the Biss keys and the Bulsat keys all in the Softcam.key file anyway?
Just need editing to match the latest?

Aren't the Biss keys and the Bulsat keys all in the Softcam.key file anyway?
Just need editing to match the latest?

Yes they are Thats what i meant the Biss keys are working as he has 10° east so locate Softcam.key file which holds both sets of keys and edit the Bulsat ones Job Done, Al though mostly all the latest key files have most of these updated you only have to alter the odd one or two keys to get it how you like it.

if your using mgcamd on a linux box then i find @serjoga,s softcam to be the best of the bunch,regards mdt

OK, I've tried everything I can think of and can't get novasport on 39e to clear.

I have tried mgcamd 1.35a and 1.38 and all sorts of different softcam.key files.

I can get PLTV on 10e to clear, but not Novasport :(

I have read and read the various forums etc, I have chmod 755 the files, editted mg_cfg B line to be 06...

Anyone got any ideas what I am missing?

Cancel all that - I've just got it working :D

Amazing what happens when I use the right keys... Thanks for everyone's help :)

Cancel all that - I've just got it working :D

Amazing what happens when I use the right keys... Thanks for everyone's help :)

what keys did you use and what image/version of mgcamd ?? regards mdt

i'm using technomate receiver using receiver software gets regular softcam update when keys change, the satelllite dish setup to get 39e was pain but i'm getting the channels.my setup doesn't use a motorised system.

OK, I've tried everything I can think of and can't get novasport on 39e to clear.

I have tried mgcamd 1.35a and 1.38 and all sorts of different softcam.key files.

I can get PLTV on 10e to clear, but not Novasport :(

I have read and read the various forums etc, I have chmod 755 the files, editted mg_cfg B line to be 06...

Anyone got any ideas what I am missing?

what keys did you use and what image/version of mgcamd ?? regards mdt

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Using VU+ Duo VIX 2.4 Build 155 - using mgcamd 1.38 (ViX) and minicats softcam.key

don't use any mgcamd as generic e2 installs uses /var/bin for the location of the binary.

using a ViX written cam puts it in /usr/softcam/ which can be controlled using the ViX on screen menus.

the keys are in the standard /usr/keys location (same as /var/keys symlinked)

Finally got my head around it all

Last edited:
Back