10e on 80cm?

Timbo

Member ++
Reaction score
Can anyone help me get channels from 10e sat?

I have a 80cm dish using USALS and I have an E2 motor channel list loaded and most of the channels (FTA ones) seem to work on each of the satellites, all except 10E!

I cannot get any channel to clear on 10e - in fact, I get 0% SNR but I can get channels on each satellite just to the west and east of 10e.. should I be able to clear channels on 10E with my setup?

Thanks for any help!

Oh, and what's the procedure for adding a channel (live feed) to an E2 box? can anyone help on that one too?

Hi Timbo,

I cannot get any channel to clear on 10e - in fact, I get 0% SNR but I can get channels on each satellite just to the west and east of 10e.. should I be able to clear channels on 10E with my setup?

It sounds like it could be someone's chimney causing that problem... especially if you've got viewable satellites both east and west of 10E

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
My cheapo-but-quite-well-set-up 80cm CDTronix dish picks up PLTV about 70% quality on a Technomate 5402. Heavy rain kills it stone dead though, and light rain can get a bit jittery. You're on the limit with 80 cms where I'm based in NW England.

I get about 70% on a 90cm mesh dish here in Dublin,but it might just be a tree or something blocking your line of sight

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the responses guys, I'll have a check to see if it is a tree as there's no buildings in the direction of the sat.

Does anyone know if I am able to tune to a channel on a VU+Duo without a computer? if so, what's the procedure?

Try tuning in 11399 H 7814 5/6 on 10° east DVB-S2 this TP holds the Al Jazeera Childrens channel which is probably one of the strongest on there, if you can get this your on the right track.

I tried to view NovaSport on 39e but it comes up with TUNE FAILED and SNR bounces around from 0% to 40% but it never tunes and yet if I go one of the clear channels on 39e it comes up.

Am I missing something? Surely if I can tune in to one channel on a satellite I can get them all? especially 39e on a 80cm dish in the midlands?

Should be able to as Nova Sport is a pretty strong TP on 39° east

I tried to view NovaSport on 39e but it comes up with TUNE FAILED and SNR bounces around from 0% to 40% but it never tunes and yet if I go one of the clear channels on 39e it comes up.

Am I missing something? Surely if I can tune in to one channel on a satellite I can get them all? especially 39e on a 80cm dish in the midlands?

I get it at 57% and it doesn't waver from that,
are you sure you have the right freq?

12688 H
30000 Sym
Fec 7/8

yep, that's the channel.

Just tested it again and SNR bounces around from 0% to 22% - any ideas what could be wrong? could it be the box? or image on the vu+duo i am using?

Go for updating the channel list first before you start changing the image to see if that cures it.

Just updated to latest vhannibal e2 motor and 39e hasn't had any updates from the channel list I currently use.

Looks like its process of elimination then which is you could try another image and then reload settings and see if that cures it, If not your then looking at hardware elimination such as Dish alignment, LNB, Cable etc.. or maybe even the Duo itself

Hello Timbo,
Just reading of your problem about 10 east reception......just a hunch..... but I get the feeling of poor dish alighment,,perhaps caused by wind forces recently or some other cause. As the previous post elimination is your best way forward....I suggest disconnect ure present stb.....reconnect your old stb or borrow an old one....Start off at Thor 1.0 west or sirus at 4.8 east ,,,use DISEqC 1.2 maybe for starters...tune in a few sats until you,re nearing 9 or 10 east sats.....you don't need an hd receiver to find these sats ..Try for rainbow 11919 sr 27500 V 3/4 ....if you're not finding this frequency.......its time to inspect a few items in your installation starting with alightment & elevation settings of your dish & maybe slight lnb skew....You might need a full day to try this and careful with the climbing...

Good luck , port06

thanks port06 - I'll give that a shot and report back when I am done - but I cannot get 10e at all and I don't think there is anything in the way (a tree is about 10 feet to the left of line of sight, but that shouldn't matter) so I am thinking maybe it is dish allignment...

Got it sorted guys, it was my long and lat settings on USALS.

Now, I can clear PL2 on 10e but can't clear NovaSport on 39e using mgcamd - can anyone help on that one? PM me if needed ;)

Hi Timbo,
Good stuff , sorted and no climbing ......was watching for ure report .

Sorry, haven't got a Duo to try out your 39 east question....

Cheers, port06

Got it sorted guys, it was my long and lat settings on USALS.

Now, I can clear PL2 on 10e but can't clear NovaSport on 39e using mgcamd - can anyone help on that one? PM me if needed ;)

Depends on which key file you have loaded for which cam

I have the minicat keyfile loaded... no idea if that's correct or not.

There's AutoRoll and SoftCam... and they are in /usr/keys

Does mgcamd just run? is it a single script file in Linux? where are the binaries?

So many questions... is there an official mgcamd document that explains all this?

Back