1000 phase 1b update

dbroms

Inactive User
Reaction score
can somebody help me out with my 1b please
started updating today and locked up in tune.
it was using 3.2 with 41048 which i see has just gone vod.
So, what do i have to do ?
do i need to do wembley trick as this box doesnt have no update mod? and modify to stop updating?
i can enter eng menu after 2321 and warm reset but after 5 mins tries updating again...........

really confused at what software rev i need 3.2 or 3.3 if my area ( wirral ex c&w ) has gone vod........

very confused............

i also have 1000 box running cr1 and this is working fine..............but i completed no update mod on this as it had the 4 chip sim in and was quite easy......not sure how to do it on 1b

dbroms said:
can somebody help me out with my 1b please
started updating today and locked up in tune.
it was using 3.2 with 41048 which i see has just gone vod.
So, what do i have to do ?
do i need to do wembley trick as this box doesnt have no update mod? and modify to stop updating?
i can enter eng menu after 2321 and warm reset but after 5 mins tries updating again...........

really confused at what software rev i need 3.2 or 3.3 if my area ( wirral ex c&w ) has gone vod........

very confused............

i also have 1000 box running cr1 and this is working fine..............but i completed no update mod on this as it had the 4 chip sim in and was quite easy......not sure how to do it on 1b

sounds like the box is corrupt m8, {have you tried a 4321 forced update yet ??}

have tried the 4321 update which seems to work but after 10 mins box goes into tune loop again and says updating.....

Same problem on 1000t running in exC&W area

Hi mate i have a pace 1000t which i have has been trying to update but gets stuk on tune and states that the box is trying to update and will take a few minutes and its trying to update to telewaest for some reason ( the box was on cr3.2 and used to show NTL on boot up) which i left to update but still no luck after 10 hours. I pulled the red jumpper and reset the net it to back to 41050 ( exC&W) which worked for about 10 min then back to updating again. The box had been working fine for the last year or so with no problems then this happened. Should i do the noupdate mod on the box to stop it from trying to up or what. If i need to do a noupdate mod then please could some1 help me through it as i have no idea on how to do it.

Pls help

and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
ashm3 said:
Hi mate i have a pace 1000t which i have has been trying to update but gets stuk on tune and states that the box is trying to update and will take a few minutes and its trying to update to telewaest for some reason ( the box was on cr3.2 and used to show NTL on boot up) which i left to update but still no luck after 10 hours. I pulled the red jumpper and reset the net it to back to 41050 ( exC&W) which worked for about 10 min then back to updating again. The box had been working fine for the last year or so with no problems then this happened. Should i do the noupdate mod on the box to stop it from trying to up or what. If i need to do a noupdate mod then please could some1 help me through it as i have no idea on how to do it.

Pls help

and thanks in advance.

the noupdate mod wont work on this cr version m8, "your box will just show error4"

you could try it if you want m8, see what you get ??? "but i dont think it will work myself"

try this on the simm in the box m8, {it does the same job without haveing to take the atmels off}---"saves knackering your simm".

solder the 2 blue conections to the above blue conections with some wire, and cut the 2 tracks marked in red.

if it doesn't work, { unsolder the wire and resolder the cut conections}

Last edited:
Back