PACE 1000 update

oldmanken

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone answer a question for me. I have a pace 1000 still on CR1 sofware ( 2 of the 4 chips on the SIMM have been cut in half for anti-update mod). A friend has a 1000, again with 4 chip simm but not modified, Can i swap simms to get my box to update and then swap back or am i barking up wrong tree.

Just tried it and box updated to latest software but when i swapped back to old simm box got stuck in update loop and error 4, No matter what i try wont get past that and cant get into EM, if i put good simm back in all ok.
Any way around this or have i just buggered my box ???

Just tried it and box updated to latest software but when i swapped back to old simm box got stuck in update loop and error 4, No matter what i try wont get past that and cant get into EM, if i put good simm back in all ok.
Any way around this or have i just buggered my box ???

reset box m8 do id then let it fully update

Nothing wrong with being a Pompey fan, just because your stuck between them and the scummers

pmsl

have been looking through old posts and have tried a few things, Have removed red jumper and shorted battery, then tried using libby but couldnt get comms, put good simm back in connected with libby,set Netid, put old simm back and powered up , back to loop and error 4, as soon as i put good simm back in OK. AAAgh

have been looking through old posts and have tried a few things, Have removed red jumper and shorted battery, then tried using libby but couldnt get comms, put good simm back in connected with libby,set Netid, put old simm back and powered up , back to loop and error 4, as soon as i put good simm back in OK. AAAgh

wont work m8, "error4 loop is what happens in any other area apart from tw"

you need a 4 chip sim

Any idea where i can get one, cant repair this one as someone has cut the 2 chips in half instead of just lifting one end ???

Can anyone answer a question for me. I have a pace 1000 still on CR1 sofware ( 2 of the 4 chips on the SIMM have been cut in half for anti-update mod). A friend has a 1000, again with 4 chip simm but not modified, Can i swap simms to get my box to update and then swap back or am i barking up wrong tree.

sorry to say you were barking up the wrong tree swopping sims with a friend wasn't the right thing to do the thing is the sim needed to be full after the update thats what the extra 2 attys are for ...to take the extra vm info
getting hold of a spare simm is like rocking horse s**t ..
if someone can send me dumps of the attys A and B on a 1000 sim i will make you up a simm ...pm me

sorry to say you were barking up the wrong tree swopping sims with a friend wasn't the right thing to do the thing is the sim needed to be full after the update thats what the extra 2 attys are for ...to take the extra vm info
getting hold of a spare simm is like rocking horse s**t ..
if someone can send me dumps of the attys A and B on a 1000 sim i will make you up a simm ...pm me

Hello Jay
Here I go again LOL
i know someone else with a 1000 and the simm has 4 chips but two have been lifted at one end(not cut in half) and still on CR1 software. Am i rightin thinking i can put my 4 chip simm( which is still on old CR1) in his box and his will still be ok , then i can try and resolder the end of the atties back in place and put in my box.

Hello Jay
Here I go again LOL
i know someone else with a 1000 and the simm has 4 chips but two have been lifted at one end(not cut in half) and still on CR1 software. Am i rightin thinking i can put my 4 chip simm( which is still on old CR1) in his box and his will still be ok , then i can try and resolder the end of the atties back in place and put in my box.

yes m8 that sounds right to me or just swop boxes it might be best to keep the sim in that box dont mix them ..you could even put a phase 1b simm in his box
make sure you clean the legs that have been lifted ...and use flux when soldering back the attys
the best way to update it after is to pull jumper first then set net id with libby do the 4321 trick ..or use funcard to set id

yes m8 that sounds right to me or just swop boxes it might be best to keep the sim in that box dont mix them ..you could even put a phase 1b simm in his box
make sure you clean the legs that have been lifted ...and use flux when soldering back the attys
the best way to update it after is to pull jumper first then set net id with libby do the 4321 trick ..or use funcard to set id

Just to let you know put cut simm in mates box - OK resoldered atmels on his one and stuck in my box then had 88:88 on display, sPent couple of hours playing about and testing each pin with multimeter,found 2 touching,cleanEd and aLL OK now.

Thanks for the advice mate

Back