How can update software on a Pace 1000, libby maybe??

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

I have a Pace 1000 NOT phase b and its got some old nthel software on it, when i plug it into a feed it not taking any updates and is stuck on old software, only channels i can get are vermin1 and vermin +1.

I opened up the unit to see if the two chips on the sim module where lifted and they were, so I replaced this module with one out of another 1000 non phase b, after trying to hold them down to see if it would take and update but still stuck in the same situation :-(

I tried the wembley trick but that has been phased out i am sure and it just kept on looping through numbers and freq's on the TV screen and got me no where.

Is there any way I can update the software on this box using libby? If so, how would I go about doing it?

Any advise on how i can get this unit to work again would be great, thanks in advacen for your time and help.

hold power button then put power in till ok the 4321 buttons on right bottom to top the ok
is the update
check to see if anti update mode has been done ( wire on atties or leg lifted ) is only way i think
libby only sets the id dont it ?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

the 4321 trick is the wembley trick and that has now been fased out in exc&w well when i tried it, it just kept serching for frequencies for ages in a constant loop and did nothing.

When i first opened the box, i saw the two atties on the sim module had been lifted on one side so I tried holding them down while the box powered up and then for another 5 mins but that didn work so I replaced the whole sim module with another one where the atties were intact but still had no joy :-(

I know how to the set the netid and freq using libby but thought there might be a way of updating the software also???

Any other idea's????

hold power button then put power in till ok the 4321 buttons on right bottom to top the ok
is the update
check to see if anti update mode has been done ( wire on atties or leg lifted ) is only way i think
libby only sets the id dont it ?

You have to re-connect talk back and the box updates its self well thats what everyone was saying I must have been lucky then because mine updated its self eventually

solder a peice of wire over the broken track if you have a leg lifted its a lot harder

Hi, thanks for the reply.

the 4321 trick is the wembley trick and that has now been fased out in exc&w well when i tried it, it just kept serching for frequencies for ages in a constant loop and did nothing.

When i first opened the box, i saw the two atties on the sim module had been lifted on one side so I tried holding them down while the box powered up and then for another 5 mins but that didn work so I replaced the whole sim module with another one where the atties were intact but still had no joy :-(

I know how to the set the netid and freq using libby but thought there might be a way of updating the software also???

Any other idea's????
4321 isnt the old wembly trick it is a forced update what version of software is on the box

sorry but u will have to remove the atties and re-flash them with cr4 at least
it wont update with cr1
or flash the atties on the sim

Thanks again for your help m8ty, but does these mean un-soldering the two chips that are on the PCB where an LED sim reader would go and then flashing these chips using a willem with the cr4 software?

Is there any way of doing this without unsoldering the chips as I am useless with a soldering iron and I also don't own a willem progger :-(

If not, where could I get hold of a dump of the cr4 software??

Also I have a 2000 box sitting in my garage with a nthel card which cudn unloop, so I don't have the bk and ird for it, I beleive the only way of getting the bk and ird now is to unsolder a chip within the unit and read it using a willem or some voltemeter method which a little hit, miss or maybe from what I have read. Does anyone have a tut which they could send me to show me which chip needs removing and how to get the info I need out of it???

Thanks again for all your time and help.

sorry but u will have to remove the atties and re-flash them with cr4 at least
it wont update with cr1
or flash the atties on the sim

Back