10,000 complain about, comments on a radeo show they didnt hear

This made me laugh...

BBC's speak you're branes collapses under Brand-Ross sex outrage

If you love Russell Brand so much why don't you go and live there?

29th October 2008 15:17 GMT

The BBC's "Have Your Say" online comment forum briefly collapsed this afternoon as the entire population of Britain sought to express HOW INCREDIBE ANGRGY it was about those men being mean to Manuel off Fawlty Towers.

The forum's perma-outraged denizens are notorious as the inspiration of the Twat-o-Tron and accompanying website sensation spEak You're bRanes.

Have Your Say groaned under the sheer weight of Britons chiming in on what punishment should be meted out to Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross, currently suspended for making prank calls.

For anyone who has somehow failed to be swept up in the tide of righteous indignation, political opportunism and media auto-colonoscopy resulting from the calls to Andrew Sachs, read all about it here. And then go and speak you're brane here.

One Reg hack, asked to write a story about the BBC's technical glitch was heard to remark: "Who gives a f*ck?"

In fairness, many of Have Your Say's users comment on how boring and pointless the whole thing is. Which in itself is a bit pointless, rather like this story. Damn. ®

Source: BBC's speak you're branes collapses under Brand-Ross sex outrage ? The Register

Last edited:
i total agree
people just complain or nout coz they have nothing better to do

Well, now Brand has probably move to a better job and Wossie will never play the Sachsaphone again...

P.S. Don't forget the new series of Russell Brand is Pondlife starting on C4 tonight

All comments in this thread which state.. either.. Sack, Frown, Teach a lesson.. etc etc are shit..

THIS WAS A JOKE..

The pc brigade are well at it.. and theyre on this forum too...

I dont think any apology should be made to the british public.. who complained..theyre all tramps anyway :) hey i bet half of them dont even have a tv licence..

Even bloody brown got involved.. wtf.. this country has lost the plot..

Should be worrying about paying gas and leccy and you mortgage instead of the 4 daft twats involved in this so called offensive material...

Im off now to give my mother a rodgering up the backside.. she deserves it :)

What exactly are people so upset about? I saw a man in the street call his wife a Slag the other day, I didn't take offence to that. He wasn't calling me a slag!

And you will always get one arsehole saying how dare you speak to a woman like that not knowing that she was sleeping with the fellas 2 brothers behind his back lol.

I have to agree people will just argue and jump on a bandwagon (so to speak) for the sake of it, this is nonsense really and who really cares what these two pratts have done ?

If mr ross goes and earns 7 million this year good luck to the fella and he will be the one having the laughs with his walk in wadrobes and marble tiled bathroom with a **** off telle in it lol.

Yeah i thought it was a little out of order to do what they did but does it really need the media circus following it around... could we not make a few documentaries about the homeless and get a few of them off the street.

I agree with hamba about bullying though there is no need for this in life.

could we not make a few documentaries about the homeless and get a few of them off the street.

we could stop paying wossy £5 million a year and get a shit load of homeless off the street.

or we could keep sponsoring him £5 million a year to play pranks where him and his smelly pal phone people and tell them who his pal has shagged.

And when he's not doing that he can have his own TV show where he gets his other pal Ricky Gervais on every other week (incidentally how much of my license fee goes towards 4 poofs and a f*cking piano anyway)...

Last edited:
One thing to get straight -Jonathan Ross has a solid contract with the BBC for 18 million a year.

To put that in context, if you earned £50 thousand pounds a year for 36 years, you would make what Ross earned last year. Is he worth it?...

the figure seems to vary between 13 and 18 million.
but the agreement is over 3 yrs as far as I can see.
so I would take that as approx £5 million per year.

the figure seems to vary between 13 and 18 million.
but the agreement is over 3 yrs as far as I can see.
so I would take that as approx £5 million per year.

Ok, agreed. The definitive figure seems to be 18M over 3 years. "The highest paid presenter in British Broadcasing history".

18 million divided by 3. That's 6 Million a year, or each year equivalent to 120 years at 50 thousand a year a year, innit. Bloody hell!

I don't think he's worth it, I'm contributing to his inflated wages and I don't like it.

I'd say this Spectator blog hits the nail on the head.

The real story is: the public don’t like Jonathan Ross or Russell Brand

h__p://tinyurl.com/6ppyt7

The article is also spot on about Little Britain and Catherine tate - "a new form of comedy which relies for its laughs not upon wit, the unexpected, the surreal, but upon the purely and deliberately predictable and the obscene. It is a sort of anti-comedy, in which you know the punchline before the sketch has even begun."

Or maybe I'm getting old and turning into a grumpy old man ;)

I'd say this Spectator blog hits the nail on the head.

The real story is: the public don’t like Jonathan Ross or Russell Brand

h__p://tinyurl.com/6ppyt7

The article is also spot on about Little Britain and Catherine tate - "a new form of comedy which relies for its laughs not upon wit, the unexpected, the surreal, but upon the purely and deliberately predictable and the obscene. It is a sort of anti-comedy, in which you know the punchline before the sketch has even begun."

Or maybe I'm getting old and turning into a grumpy old man ;)

Join the club! That quote really gets to the heart of all that I loath and detest about 'modern' comedy. :Clap:

Its because a large chunk of the younger generation seem to have lost the ability to think so unless the punchline is predictable or obscene then they simply dont get the point. Its basically an attempt at "lazy" humour.

Yes what happened to real comedy. People like eric morcambe Tommy Cooper Dave Allen etc etc. these guys were true comedians and didnt rely on smut or insults or swearing to try and get laughs.

Its because a large chunk of the younger generation seem to have lost the ability to think so unless the punchline is predictable or obscene then they simply dont get the point. Its basically an attempt at "lazy" humour.

Excellent summary. Spot on.

Humour for folks with all the attention span of a four year old with a spider down her knickers.

Back