1.6 FW on liteon causes *occasional* dirty disc error?

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
something I noticed, is it just the liteons? a friend had it constantly on a newish Liteon drive, I replaced it with a benq and he's had no probs at all since then. my liteon does it occasionally but its not a real problem, any thoughts? replace laser job? I'm not slating the work of the FW developers (God no.) I just think it's an issue that needs to be addressed. :proud:

thats first thing i thought bud, but it seems to happen to them all.

*will try a new laser in future, just to see.

Last edited:
agreed.. 4month old box

wont play any games either dirty disk or open tray on dashboard

Thanks, not just me then :D
was a first time flash

tho saying that the 2 other litons i have done both play everything thrown at them :S

tho have had a similar issue crop up with a hitatchi.. that was on 1.51

was a first time flash

tho saying that the 2 other litons i have done both play everything thrown at them :S

tho have had a similar issue crop up with a hitatchi.. that was on 1.51

well that could blow my theory right out the water lol

I'm still convinced somethings amiss with the liteons on 1.6. its the only drive i get moaned at about by mates, and have seen myself failing . its a laser clean followed by replacement if no workie then I'll be back ..

:Cheers:

i too have noticed that 2 m8's liteon drives
have been giving the dirty disc read error last few days
i had one where it wouldnt play fifa ten past the (press start prompt)
just black screen and then 3 mins later dirty disc error
but would play all other games fine (strange)
game was on 8x verb printable done at 4x and then 6 x
tryed a aone + disc,it wont load at all ,i pot tweaked from 4.9 to 3.0 and still dirty disc error
i then tryed a silver non printable 8x verb dona at 6x and this played for 20 mins fine (then our lass got fed up testing it)
the other m8's liteon has the same dirty disc ,only with fifa ten game

very strange

yep..i done three liteons for my mates...they get the dirty disc error as well...cant be bad media as they use verbs....lol

something I noticed, is it just the liteons? a friend had it constantly on a newish Liteon drive, I replaced it with a benq and he's had no probs at all since then. my liteon does it occasionally but its not a real problem, any thoughts? replace laser job? I'm not slating the work of the FW developers (God no.) I just think it's an issue that needs to be addressed. :proud:

hi english
i forgot to ask, have you tryed reflashing to 1.51 if you suspect the 1.6 firmware
might be worth a try

Never seen this myself.

Sounds like a simple disc compatibility issue.

yep..i done three liteons for my mates...they get the dirty disc error as well...cant be bad media as they use verbs....lol

That means nothing mate, some people can't use Verbs at all as they simply don't work on some drives.

just got one of the liteons back that wouldnt go beyond the press start part
the one i pot tweaked to 3.0
(same verb disc as before)
reflashed to 1.51 and it now gets past the press start part
been playing for 5 mins and so far so good
will post back later to see if all is ok

no problems for 30 mins with 1.51
reflashed to 1.6 again and got 5 mins into game (a little further this time) and then clean disc error again

this time burned another Aone+ disc with fifa 10
1.51 played for 10 mins and 1.6 played for about 2 mins

seems better but i think it more the laser dont like this game

never had an issue with liteons, had back broken benqs and hitachis all the time tho.

also, just because you use good disks, doesnt mean you are getting a good burn... you need to do alot of research into drive write quality, cdfreaks.com is your friend.

never had an issue with liteons, had back broken benqs and hitachis all the time tho.

also, just because you use good disks, doesnt mean you are getting a good burn... you need to do alot of research into drive write quality, cdfreaks.com is your friend.

I thought the same mate (burn quality) but it happens with originals as well. I'll try a 1.5 against my better judgement, cheers crowman :)

Anyone else getting it with originals? Might be just a massive batch of dodgy drives ;) Not trying to cause paranoia but I'm defo not alone in the Liteon dirty disc error department.

no problems for 30 mins with 1.51
reflashed to 1.6 again and got 5 mins into game (a little further this time) and then clean disc error again

this time burned another Aone+ disc with fifa 10
1.51 played for 10 mins and 1.6 played for about 2 mins

seems better but i think it more the laser dont like this game

Same here mate.

it wouldnt supprise me if the pot needed minor tweaking, they are likely set borderline so originals are read but it struggles on copies.. otherwise maybe a dodgy batch as you said.. ive had 0 issues with liteon's but did with all the others.

Back