1.6 FW on liteon causes *occasional* dirty disc error?

Started getting this last night! Im on 1.51. Only happened with Fifa!

Just a very picky game it would seem! Must be the constant seeking for commentary etc

I had the same issue with liteon, tried tweaking pots, went down to 2.70 still getting issues, then up to 4.50 works fine now

regards

mick

P.S it has f/w 1.51 on it

ive done loads of liteons and all seem fine i have had the odd dirty disk error but then again ive seen them on benq,samsung,hitachi too, dodgy laser or media maybe.

regards will

had this issue with fifa on an aone, but it on a verb with a good writer (refer to my cdfreaks comment), tested disc quality with cdspeed and all is well now.

better disks/writer required.

note, you might need to use certain firmware versions as write strat's change... my pioneer works better on 1.24 with verbs than 1.28 for example

When flashing liteon's always disconect the laser ribbon. Flashing with ribbon attached has been known to cause disc read errors.

I remove ribbon as a precautionary measure after reading some ppl have bricked their laser. Maybe it is something else they did wrong. If all the ones flashed by ppl on here are fine then I wont need to do this. Thnx

Back