1.5tb WD15EADS Hard Drive

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
Having a lot of trouble trying to get a Western Digital WD15EADS installed in my Vu+ Duo. box doesnt recognise it at all.

anybody got any ideas what the problem might be?

i read it bests to initialize the hard drive with the original image mate before you change it, however i didnt read this till after i had changed images, and my hitachi 1tb installed fine using vix image!

yes i read that also. i stuck a 180gb in it, and that worked no problem, but i cant get it to see the bigger drive. did a google search on the drive, and someone else had the same issue, but when i clicked on the google link i couldnt find the post to see if he found a solution.

Is it not detected when you goto device manager?

no doesnt show at all. was wondering if it needed a jumper setting.

is it easy to go back to original image, to format the drive and see if it detects, and then go back to vix.

managed to sort this out by formatting the drive using a linux live cd, with the drive in an external usb caddy.

put it in the vu+ duo and it recognised it right away. so all sorted now

managed to sort this out by formatting the drive using a linux live cd, with the drive in an external usb caddy.

put it in the vu+ duo and it recognised it right away. so all sorted now
glad you sorted it mate, did you try with the official image 1st or just using the caddy!

just used the caddy. only problem is, that i ended up formatting the internal drive on my laptop by accident. so im in the process of reinstalling everything just now.

arrrrrr never mate, hope ya didnt lose nowt important!

Back