¿ BBM for Android ?

brainwaverer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if BBM for Android has been released yet' I have Whatsapp but most of my contacts have BBM and are reluctant to change and are telling me the app is out for Android and iPhone but don't know where to find it.

Couldn't see it in market place

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi leemoo
That was from May 2012, they had a change of mind since then and had proposed to release on 27th June 2013 but, alas, nothing has been forthcoming.

Oh b*gger!! I just looked at the date above that with June 12 2013 but obviously that is for something else. Sorry about that!

they said it was coming but I don't know if much more is known other than that I'm afraid mate

wish it would so i could get our lass a decent phone, she struggles to see the keyboard on the blackberry but wont give it up because the grandbairn , niece`s bbm her :LOL:

if you go to the blackberry site you can register your interest and they send you an email when its released they say in the summer the site is blackberry.com/bbm

I remember someone telling me, I don't know how true or not but that a blag version of this got releasead and it screwed up the official release of this so it has been put back again. Why a blag release would be needed as I thought this is to be free anyway....thats why I am not sure if this is true or not?!
If you go to BBM for Android & iOS - Download BlackBerry Messenger with BBM Video & Screen Share - UK you can sign up to get updates on release date.

Was supposed to be released a few weeks ago but the release messed up, apparently ita fixed now and will be released in a few days

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Basically a developer copy was released into the wild ahead of the official launch. According to BB this version caused a problem with the servers which lead to the official version (both android and iOS) being yanked 2 days after launch. My guess is more likely the official client was a load of kak (lots of complaints about battery life for example) and BB didn't want to handle the support calls.

Latest report saying re-launch could be days away,

BBM for iOS and BBM for Android just days away, says exec | News | TechRadar

so how does this work is it via mobile data or via Wi-Fi just curious as my kids will be after it :(

I believe either so it depends on what you are using for your data connection. If you have an old phone without a sim, then you can just use it on wifi for example.

Back