£60 rebate for British Gas customers on benefits

trippy

Banned
Reaction score
i found this on a carers website

URGENT! If you receive means-tested benefits you can claim a 60 quid rebate from British (or Scottish) Gas, though you must claim before 31 DEC 2005.

They are giving out rebates of £60 on winter bills - it is paid in two installments in November and February. The rebate is worth £40 for gas customers, £20 for electricity, i.e. £60 for customers getting both.

Check to see if you’ve received a form with your gas bill or call 0845 602 2008 and press 1 for Winter Fuel Rebate. All you need is your account details and they’ll arrange it for you.

It's for British (or Scottish) Gas customers only and you have to be on one of the following benefits:

Vulnerable Customer - Eligible Benefits
• Disability living allowance
• Pension Credit
• Attendance allowance
• War disablement pension which includes either a mobility supplement or constant attendance allowance
• Disablement pension which includes constant attendance allowance
• Child tax credit where the relevant income is £14,600 or less
• Working tax credit where the relevant income is £14,600 or less
• Council tax benefit
• Housing benefit
• Income-based job seekers allowance
• Income support
• Carers Allowance
• Severe Disability allowance

Call centre holiday opening hours:
Christmas Eve 9am-5pm
Tues 27th Dec 9am-5pm
Wed 28th Dec 8am-8pm
Thurs 29th Dec 8am-8pm
Fri 30th Dec 8am-8pm
Sat 31st Dec 9am-5pm

Looks good, will try and get myself 60quids

cheers mate i will give them a call for my parents.:Clap:

Cheers!!! sounds like im gonna save £40 on my next bill or £20 on the next 2 bills --cant remember what he said---still!! get in there!!!! top info mate shame it aint advertised a bit better eh? dont want to many takers i suppose..LOL

well this is great - shame i work my ass off and can't get a penny off em :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nice one mate not been well last few months used extra heating so will help out no end.

Yeah just what I was thinking... I can freeze my arse off all winter because I work for a living :-(

Highlander said:
yep m8, i'm in the same boat as you

they dont ask for proof of benefits they just ask which benefit you are on so you could call up and say your on one of the benefits listed

lines are open monday to friday 8 am to 8pm and saturday til six but they will prob be closed early saturday or not open at all due to ny. if you get the message saying all advisors are busy and to leave a message just redial til you get thru, dont leave a msg as by the time they have got ur message the offer will be over.

Last edited:
I have been told they do check your benefits , they take your acc number name and phone number and call you back and also check with the DWP/DSS so not really worth going jail for fraaud for £60.

kamlani said:
I have been told they do check your benefits , they take your acc number name and phone number and call you back and also check with the DWP/DSS so not really worth going jail for fraaud for £60.

they take your account details and phone number(incase there is a problem) then tell you you'll receive a letter in the next 2 weeks telling you when your rebate will be paid cheque or if u pay dd they credit your gas account.
As for them contacting the dwp/dss well thats a load of tosh mate, the dwp/dss are not aloud to give out info on people.
Also I don't think its really fraud. Is it?

well i for one will not be claiming £60 by saying i am on benefits because this money has to come from somewhere - most likely out of my pocket in the form of taxes.

Back