£5 for a bank Statement ARRRRRRRRR

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
Had to get a bank statement to check on some out going money on my account from beginin of the year.
I ring up Barclays and there very helpfull and then throw it that will be £5 for the statement. I'm like You WHAT. how can u charge me for having a statement. So after asking to speak to someone on in charge and kicking off. They said i wouldn't have to pay.

The cheek of the buggers tho. They make 100's of millions in interest from your money then decide if u want a statement it will cost u.

It's a bloody joke

Online banking! You can go back as far as you want from the comfort of your own chair!

Yeah I second that!

In fact I switched to my bank's "paper-free" service, as I don't really care about getting a postal statement anymore and I can always switch back to it at any time. You get an online statement which they e-mail to tell you is availble to view (obviouslyh you can see all your transactions at any time anyway so don't see the point but still nice of them to let you know!)

No paper statements = less post, less shredding, etc.

Lloyds charge a tenner but you can have every statment you've ever had for that if you want so it's not so bad. Agree'd internet banking can be great but it all depends on the bank, I now can't seperate my personal and business login's because my bank refuses to unlink them and insists on using the same login/password for each despite me indicating I don't wish them to be linked in any way. They can't understand why I see this as being a major issue : shocked2 :

I ring up Barclays and there very helpfull

Just out of curiosity, when you rang Barclays did your call go to an Indian call centre first only to be transferred back to your branch here and then get your request sorted; as they do with us Lloyds TSB customers.

yep PhoenixUser first i got an Indian call centre then after abt 2 minutes of me saying I can't understand u luv and I don't wanna transfer my credit cards to u, they sent me back to the uk.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

wont to get a business account they charge u to count the cheques u but in ??? when l complained the bitch said well u can claim it back against the business, thats ok then charge me wot u like then !!! instead of charging peeps for using there cards will have to charge for taking a cheque ?

hey i went overdrawn by 2p the other month and they wanted to charge me for the letter they sent me and other charges nearly 30.00 wont tell u what i said but hence im not with barcleys anymore

yes internet banking all the way now !! but did have to order some duplicate staements a few years back at a cost of £ 5 each ! cost me £ 80 all together !: shocked2

i felt this aswell but i found a work around for it ;)

i needed actual bank printouts (Statments) for the taxman (Robbing get) but id lost several months of statments and was told "ONLINE PRINTOUTS ARE NOT VALID AND WON'T BE ACCEPTED" so i was going to but the statments when my bussiness banker at barclays advised me what to do..

here is what you do

1st. Yes all banks require a small admin charge for LETTER HEADED STATMENT PRINTOUTS.

Ask for a standard printout for the months you need from the casher (this is free at HSBC, BARCLAYS & HALIFAX not sure of others as i havent used anyone else) and when she/he gives you the printout as them to stamp the printout with the banks stamper and also here name and signiture to prove its form the bank and this is just asvalid with the gov (Taxman) as a statment is because its stamped from the bank its proof enought for them its not a forge and it aslo stops the bastards form getting more money out of ya ;)

hope that helps a few of you

Wappy

and at the end of all this rather than all your statments being on fancy blue paper and costing you £5 you have the statment on plain paper with the cashiers name on and the banks stamp but this is FREE and no need for you to loose your temper either

Lloyds tsb phone bank express is good. you call an 0800 number, its an automated service you can check your balance, transfer money, etc.. but i got a text from lloyds tsb last week saying its an 0845 number. not sure if the 0800 number still works.

Lloyds online banking is great, I’d recommend it to anyone, and it has saved me a few quid over the years. Bill :Cheers:

Do put up with banks crap this statment will cost you £5

just serve a subject acsses request on then under the data protection act.

cost a 10 for every thing they have on you.

the file a CCJ against them for any ilegal charges they have slaped on you.

Back