£1.50 litre

I don't think the government are allowed to tout one tech over another. As it said in the wiki article you linked to Ford and Renaul-Nissan have dropped their automotive H2 R&D in favour of electric and hybrid electric. They would be at a disadvantage if the government turned round and said they only saw a legislative future for H2 cars.

I'm wondering what you think infrastructure means? The definition I know would be for the pumps to be in place country wide and H2 in the tanks - the existance of the tech, doesn't mean it is in place. Another example; not every filling station has LPG, but enough do to say the infrastructure is there. Also Germany has a small number of filling stations with H2 pumps, yet you wouldn't say that contiental Europe had an H2 infrastructure.

Last edited:
£1.29 unleaded @ shell here in walsall today
in east london £1.32 esso

:CRYBABY:

Rising prices is one of the reason I started using LPG 12 years ago.

My current car I've had for 5 years and the LPG conversion has paid for itself twice over.

The mrs had had LPG for 8 years, her current Volvo is factory fitted.

I pay 56p per ltr. But was 21p when I first started using it.

Pity it's not been taken up by more peeps as it's been a fuel used in vehicles since the 1950's.

Pity it's not been taken up by more peeps as it's been a fuel used in vehicles since the 1950's.

Of course as soon as people do start using it on mass then tax will go up on it. Same as people using cooking oil

Of course as soon as people do start using it on mass then tax will go up on it. Same as people using cooking oil
agreed the same was with diesel many yrs ago
it was dirt cheap compared to petrol. now there's prob more diesel car's on the road than petrol.. and what do you get "cheaper diesel" like feck you do.:grab:there goes ya hard earned cash

They were saying the same thing 10 years ago when we first got LPG, but we've had 10 years of paying for fuel at half the price of pertol or diesel and getting a road tax reduction.
I look forward to another 10 years of people saying "the price and tax will go up when people start to use it" and it doesnt. :)

My m8 thinks the same thing, he bought a DIY biodiesel kit off the net for £600, and he's had 3 years of running his land cruiser and paying 20-30p per ltr.

Last edited:
Didn't they steal the oil in Iraq and now trying to steal the oil in Libya? That should have brought the prices down! Oh yeah, I forgot, our crooked politicians were pocketing all the money in the expenses fiasco!

total piss take on how much the money grabbing government takes from us.Taxed on everything and all they do is send millions abroad while we suffer.Enough is enough tbh how can this country get back on its feet while fuel charges are killing transport.

total piss take on how much the money grabbing government takes from us.Taxed on everything and all they do is send millions abroad while we suffer.Enough is enough tbh how can this country get back on its feet while fuel charges are killing transport.

Its a joke mate

Inflation has hit the roof think it’s currently at +4%.

Next thing to hit us hard will be interest rates going up. As the BOE think that will curb inflation, like feck it will.

Fuel is a necessity in this day and age and has a direct impact on every service/product price in this country.

Prepare for a long recession. We certainly won't be out of it this year that’s for sure.

Will we see any reductions in price also when the fuel eventually drops down again I don't think so.

There all at it, look at the top 5 energy suppliers, took them 1 month to implement prices increases when bulk price went up. Flip side it took them 6-8 months to cut prices when bulk buying costs went down(this was during the height of the recession too so shows how much they care about joe blogs).

It would be a lot simpler if it was just the government screwing us but I'm afraid we are being gang raped from all angles at the moment.

civil unrest is in order.

Everyone was condemning students for all their civil unrest, but that is the only way to get these governmental turds attention. Its been long overdue for british people as a whole to stand up and protest, they always increase taxes, create charges, and generally milk us, everyone grumbles but does nothing (including myself).

civil unrest is in order.

Everyone was condemning students for all their civil unrest, but that is the only way to get these governmental turds attention. Its been long overdue for british people as a whole to stand up and protest, they always increase taxes, create charges, and generally milk us, everyone grumbles but does nothing (including myself).
I think the Governement have seen the amount of vitriol around the cost of fuel and the notice taken of the protests in the Middle East (more so Egypt than Libya ;)), the BBC are reporting a 1p reduction in duty from 18:00GMT today: BBC News - Budget 2011 at a glance: George Osborne's key points

Last edited:
I think the Governement have seen the amount of vitriol around the cost of fuel and the notice taken of the protests in the Middle East (more so Egypt than Libya ;)), the BBC are reporting a 1p reduction in duty from 18:00GMT today: BBC News - Budget 2011 at a glance: George Osborne's key points
What pisses me off is that YES they are reducing by 1p a litre, but what about the 75p a litre increase we've seen over the last 6 or 7 years?

W@nkers

WOOOOOOOOOOW A ****ing penny.

Didnt think i'd see the day.

That drop - Is a total ****ing joke.

The sooner Mr. Osborn realizes hes a moron the better.

Lets get a protest started!!!
When has a protest ever worked? Remember the million people back in 2003 that marched to hyde park to stop Britain invading in Iraq? We all know how that turned out

We need something more direct to shake up the system. Slow go's blockading the refineries like back in 99/2000 or something like that.

When has a protest ever worked? Remember the million people back in 2003 that marched to hyde park to stop Britain invading in Iraq? We all know how that turned out

We need something more direct to shake up the system. Slow go's blockading the refineries like back in 99/2000 or something like that.
Try making every government official (no matter how 'important') drive and pay for their own fuel + tax etc for a month.
Just so they can see how ****ed over motorists are.

It would never happen just an idea in my mind xD

a shell garage by me has knocked off the 1p off unleaded BUT put up diesel by 2p.
130.9 and 137.9

Back